Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,782  
Looks like that saw was made in Australia, the bar is on upside down.
That's funny. I do the same thing every time I sharpen the loop. Flipping the bar allows even wear on BOTH sides. Once the paint wears off, no one can tell anyway...

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,783  
Obviously 5030 the 4 of us agree about our bars . . . :ROFLMAO:

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,784  
But if you put the chain on backwards, all will be in sync!

MoKelly
Only if you hold the saw upside down! Not very ergonomic to run that way, but you gotta do whats necessary to keep the bar wear even. ;)

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,785  
Just cut from the other side of the log half the time if you want even bar wear..... :cool:

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,786  
Early last winter I cleared some blow downs from one of the tractor roads. I pulled them out to a landing and left them for the winter. I went out today to work them up into fire wood.

P1010013.JPG

I have a 3000 lb dump trailer that will hold a 1/2 cord thrown in and a 22 ton splitter. If you have one of these splitters you'll notice that I turned the beam around so the work station is close to the trailer to make for an easy lob into the trailer.

P1010016.JPG

Now it's headed for the wood shed which is a 1/2 mile away.

P1010018.JPG

gg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,787  
^^^^
I can't get your pictures to load in closeup, my ISP is too slow. Would you mind showing how you did the stake pockets on your dump trailer? I believe that I have it's baby sister, a single axle Novae (now Suretrac) dump with a 2000 capacity.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,788  
Nice Gordon! looks like your weather has you in spring time for sure . . .

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,789  
Nice setup Gordon. (y)

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,790  
Would you mind showing how you did the stake pockets on your dump trailer? I believe that I have it's baby sister, a single axle Novae (now Suretrac) dump with a 2000 capacity.

Mine's a Provost and I don't mind at all - but a couple things first. I was just beginning to learn stick welding so my idea was to use lots of joints just for the practice. So it would be fair to view this as the work of an overly exuberant novice and you could do it simpler. Second, I wanted to be able to use the trailer as a flat-bed with stake bolsters so the pockets are a lot more than what you would need for just side boards.

P1180260.JPG

The bed is just formed up sheet metal so to strengthen the sides where the pockets were going I made some channel from 2X2X1/8 angle and welded them in.

P1170686.JPG

P1170689.JPG

P1170726.JPG

I made the 4" deep pockets from 2X2X3/16 angle and added some 3/16 bracing

P1170832.JPG

Complete bottom side. Put a hump in the tail gate release rod.

P1170899.JPG

I added a rub rail on the front and side panels with stake guides to stiffen them along the top.

P1180110.JPG

Finished-

P1180485.JPG

gg