Toyosha 3 cylinder diesel?

/ Toyosha 3 cylinder diesel? #1  

Bigbertha72

Tractor
Working on getting one
I picked this up a few weeks ago. I got it from an older guy who seemed a straight shooter. He showed me a video of it running before he took it out. He had a bunch of health conditions and no longer could do the project he was going to use it in. And I don't want to bother him with questions with his health problems.

What size is the engine? All I could find on the block was a 425 stamping. He said he remembered it being a 26hp.

UqbxiVt.jpg

The rod is for the throttle correct?

What's the lever for?

fughGpb.jpg

Whats that blue circle piece?

What's the deal with the pump looking piece?

Other question is what typically shuts down these engines? A fuel solonoid?

/ Toyosha 3 cylinder diesel? #2  
I'd probably find out what it came out of and then go look at a working model.

/ Toyosha 3 cylinder diesel?
Asked the guy. It was a massey 1030. I'll all in the massey section. Thanks

/ Toyosha 3 cylinder diesel? #4  
I'm just curious, what your intentions were in acquiring this motor? Never heard of the make myself.

/ Toyosha 3 cylinder diesel? #5  
Toyosha is actually a pretty decent engine, used in massey furgesons, allis chalmers, simplicitys just to name a few. They made 2 and 3 cylinder engines from approx. 22 to 34 hp, for various gray market tractors. I have owned a 1983 allis chalmers 5030 since 1990 and have over 3000 hours, only problem ever was one glow plug failed, but i went ahead and replaced both of them (yes mine is a 2 cylinder). Being I have owned and maintained this tractor for over 25 years, I know a good deal about it. Parts are hard to find, as they went out of business in the mid/late 80's i believe. But with those three brands it is possible to broaden your search, there are still some NOS parts out there. I too am curious what you intend to use it in.

/ Toyosha 3 cylinder diesel? #6  
A good friend and his deceased father had a Allis dealership. They still have a very old building with a large number of parts. I'm guessing all the more popular stuff is long gone, but going in there is like walking into history. The old HUGE wooden cash register is still sitting there.

It makes you appreciate how much a dealer has to spend on parts that will never be sold.

/ Toyosha 3 cylinder diesel? #7  
That sounds like a very neat place to visit, I love the old dealerships and co-ops, most are gone from around here now. I will keep this place in mind should i ever need something, Thanks I T!

/ Toyosha 3 cylinder diesel? #8  
Are you selling this engine? Im interested on buy it, please let me know. Thanks

/ Toyosha 3 cylinder diesel? #9  
the pump looking piece is the hydraulic pump. Shut off by retarding throttle all the way. The MF1030 has an ms142 engine

/ Toyosha 3 cylinder diesel? #10  
Do you still have this engine?