Toro Wheel Horse 244-H Starter Solenoid Wiring Issue

/ Toro Wheel Horse 244-H Starter Solenoid Wiring Issue #1  

ML27422

Tractor
Wheel Horse 244-H
Please Help-- I inherited this work horse from my father in-law after being passed down from his father. I recently brought my wheel horse in for repairs and the service shop said they were unable to find the part; starter/solenoid. I did not want to give up on this beast as even the repair shop said this is a well made machine and is better than anything built today. I eventually found the part but because the shop left the part uninstalled I was unable to see how the starter was wired. Yesterday, I installed the new starter/solenoid but when I connected the battery terminals the tractor wanted to start on its own. I quickly disconnected the terminals and analyzed the electrical schematic map but I am baffled on the proper wiring. I only have a positive (red) battery terminal wire, another red wire, black (ground) wire, and a blue wire with a slot connection. I included pictures of the starter and the electrical schematic map. Any help would be much appreciated!! I l would like to fix this on my own as this seems to be a simple wiring issue. I can add pictures of the tractor itself, but at the moment its under a tarp in a shed at night. Thank you in advance, Matt

Attachments

• Electrical Guide.pdf
    390.9 KB · Views: 144
  • starter_solenoid top.jpg
    starter_solenoid top.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 167
  • starter_solenoid.jpg
    starter_solenoid.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 194
   / Toro Wheel Horse 244-H Starter Solenoid Wiring Issue #2  
the top terminal with the red paint gets the +battery connection and the other red wire. if it's trying to start by itself with that wiring, you need to find out WHY the smaller blue wire is feeding voltage to the solenoid, it should be dead until the ignition switch is moved to the start position!.. the black (ground) goes under a mounting bolt for the starter..