TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,791  
.38SPL+P or a 9MM is what I carry (occasionally a .380 in warmer weather)
If I can run or evade, that would be my first choice...but if not, center mass is my target. I want as large a target as I can get, even at a couple yard distance. I'm not looking to kill...just to stop any attack

As far as .357 Magnum, that's the carry gun around the homestead (when I carry on the property). Personally, I think .357 Magnum is the best round to carry in a revolver that won't beat me to death to shoot it. I have a smaller .357, a Taurus Tracker in matt stainless. But, in my circumstances, it's still too big to conceal easily. I want a Ruger GP100 with a 3 or 4 inch barrel...they're a bit tough to find right now

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,792  
.38SPL+P or a 9MM is what I carry (occasionally a .380 in warmer weather)
If I can run or evade, that would be my first choice...but if not, center mass is my target. I want as large a target as I can get, even at a couple yard distance. I'm not looking to kill...just to stop any attack

As far as .357 Magnum, that's the carry gun around the homestead (when I carry on the property). Personally, I think .357 Magnum is the best round to carry in a revolver that won't beat me to death to shoot it. I have a smaller .357, a Taurus Tracker in matt stainless. But, in my circumstances, it's still too big to conceal easily. I want a Ruger GP100 with a 3 or 4 inch barrel...they're a bit tough to find right now
A dealer in my little town has a few of those in stock

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,793  
My wife and I shoot a fair amount of 38 SPL+P’s. She shoots them quite competently. She has a Taurus M65 that I have come to like. It has been flawless in function and reliability. And short of a good custom shop trigger, it is probably the best double action trigger I have ever shot. It is impressive.

my first choice for carry is my Ruger SP101. With 125 Gr. .357’s, it is a comfortable shooting small revolver.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,794  
Ruger GP100
This is one beautiful piece

1622163794951.jpeg

Last edited:
   / TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,795  
I think the GP100 was/is made in 44 special, also.

Bruce

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,797  
They were contracted by Lipsey's. Here's my 44spl.
20200212_154149.jpg

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,798  
When there’s a shooting with a semi auto reported by the “news” media and the reporter is talking, he or she always states ”SEMI AUTO” like that’s some shocking revelation?

Conversely, if a semi auto is NOT used, “revolver”, or “lever action”, “bolt action” is very rarely mentioned.

Do they think that makes them appear to be more intelligent, sexy, or impressive, or is this just another “news” media attempt at assisting to get semi auto weapons banned?

Like if they keep equating SEMI AUTO with DEATH, it will help in the confiscation of legally owned guns from law abiding gun owners?

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,799  
When there’s a shooting with a semi auto reported by the “news” media and the reporter is talking, he or she always states ”SEMI AUTO” like that’s some shocking revelation?

Conversely, if a semi auto is NOT used, “revolver”, or “lever action”, “bolt action” is very rarely mentioned.

Do they think that makes them appear to be more intelligent, sexy, or impressive, or is this just another “news” media attempt at assisting to get semi auto weapons banned?

Like if they keep equating SEMI AUTO with DEATH, it will help in the confiscation of legally owned guns from law abiding gun owners?

I think it’s because the news believes “semi-auto” makes the gun sound more dangerous - more scary. Like a semi machine gun.

It’s all about sensationalism.

MoKelly

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,800  
I've always thought of Ruger as the working mans gun maker. They certainly get overlooked by a lot of folks, but they have some solid guns. Their revolvers are fantastic (SP101, Blackhawk, Redhawk, Vaquero etc.). And their M77 bolt guns are a good solid design (with exception of that angled front action screw!) and have a nice 3-position safety, controlled round feed, nice floorplate release and rock solid scope ring design. Then you have the 10/22, who hasn't owned 1 or 3 of those over the years?!