TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,001  
For me, the 17 only has one use and that is eliminating wood hogs and racoons at distance, which it excels at. It was cheap and looks cheap but shoots like a laser beam. Never ceases to amaze me that a cartridge less than diameter of a pencil and a inch and a half long can attain that velocity with no recoil.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,002  
So, I've had a 16" Faxon 300 Blk for a while, and with Lee 200 cast, I've not been able to find a subsonic load, that fully cycles the action, carbine gas. Not working with a chronograph. 10.0grs of CFE BLK is 100% sub, and ejects, but never feeds next round. H110, even at 9.2 grs, I'm getting them to eject, not feed, and half of them are supers. To add to the 'fun' kids knocked them ammo box over, and my system is to write with a sharpie the load, on the first round in the row, but not everyone. Went ahead and fired everything, just to empty the brass.

Pretty much got the 300 blk just for a cheap, quite pinker, not for door kicking, or hunting. If I have to use real, jacket bullets, it doesn't make any sense anymore.

I've got Shooters World Black, Hodgdon Black-Out, and H110; no Reloder-7, or IMR4227 yet. Got Lee 160gr and Lee 200gr molds.

Not really an AR builder, so the buffer is whatever came in the 16" 556 upper from BCA.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,003  
I can find fault with every gun I have; and sometimes the fault is just it a boring gun...
Guns are like golf clubs, each one serves a specific purpose.

That said, I really can't find any fault with an Browning hi power (perhaps to heavy for some used to carrying plastic). That said the ones I have, at this point I gave up carrying condition 1 for primary carry. Also perhaps a little to big to carry CC in the south during the summer months.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,004  
I love my 1911s. I am not a fan of the BHP. I have large hands so unless I duck tape the web of my hand or wear a shooting glove after 50 rounds I am bloody. My current low profile carry is a Shield but it is really to small for my hands and has one either a one round or no round capacity advantages over my commander size 1911s in .45 acp. I've been looking for a P365 Macro to more than fondle... 1" wide 17 rounds and a grip that I can get my whole hand on. Would love to put some rounds downrange before shelling out 7ish bills here locally. I know they are available on line for around $650 but then shipping and transfer fees...If I buy one it will be from one of the local brick and mortars.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,005  
I am not a fan of the BHP. I have large hands
Touché

That said, it was the same man who invented the 1911 who's design was used for the BHP, a testament to his original design. I like my 1911's as well.

Just gets kind of hard to justify a 1911 or BHP has a truck "beater gun" vs a cheaper plastic gun LOL

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,006  
Was out on the deck at 7AM sending some more whistle pigs to the promise land. I have a large population that I'm decreasing daily. They certainly like the 17 Savage and so do I.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,007  
Used to smoke marmots with a 3006 and 180gr failsafe while sheep and goat hunting. Damn things are annoying. Can't get good sleep on the mountain with their whistling.

A little to big for a rodent, mammal, or whatever they are classified ad but dead is dead

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,008  
for those that arent aware of what a whistle pig is.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,009  
So, I've had a 16" Faxon 300 Blk for a while, and with Lee 200 cast, I've not been able to find a subsonic load, that fully cycles the action, carbine gas. Not working with a chronograph. 10.0grs of CFE BLK is 100% sub, and ejects, but never feeds next round. H110, even at 9.2 grs, I'm getting them to eject, not feed, and half of them are supers. To add to the 'fun' kids knocked them ammo box over, and my system is to write with a sharpie the load, on the first round in the row, but not everyone. Went ahead and fired everything, just to empty the brass.

Pretty much got the 300 blk just for a cheap, quite pinker, not for door kicking, or hunting. If I have to use real, jacket bullets, it doesn't make any sense anymore.

I've got Shooters World Black, Hodgdon Black-Out, and H110; no Reloder-7, or IMR4227 yet. Got Lee 160gr and Lee 200gr molds.

Not really an AR builder, so the buffer is whatever came in the 16" 556 upper from BCA.
300 BO is the longest living fail round ever IMHO. I tried to make it work for a long time as well, just went back to 5.56 and 6.5 G for the AR15 platforms after about 18 months of trying with who knows how many load combos and commercial offerings. I just wanted to kill foxes that were going after my chickens and it could never get the job done, bobcat took 4 rounds and I still had to finish it when I got to it.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,010  
Went shooting today. This is part of my fug around and find out kit. Only went through about 500 rds but it's fun...as we all know.

Also ordered some bulk 9mm from fenix ammo here in MI. 25% off, doesn't matter on quantity
20230704_133414.jpg