TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,981  
I have 50 rounds of .375 H&H brass in the tumbler. They'll get topped with 270gr Barnes TSX flat base bullets. Some pigs are in for a really bad day next weekend.:cool:

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,982  
They just awarded limited entry quota hunts here in FLa, and I got lucky enough to draw a general gun quota in my 2nd choice management area. Never actually scouted it, but got time. Hunt date is 11/15-11/29/23. Gonna also hit some of the open primitive weapons only WMAs, and mostly private property. The management area are kinda a challenge, because you have no idea where other people will be set up, and scouting can be a challenge.

Also currently tumbling as much 223 brass as fits in a HF rock tumbler. Picked up 1000 Winchester #41s the other day.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,983  
I fully agree, but until recently it was verboten in MO and I believe several other states. Could still be an issue because it's rim fire. Somewhere that is a game warden just waiting to write a stupid ticket just because he can.
Side note I spine hit a little buck with an arrow a while back and dip **** me forgot a knife. Had to pull the arrow and stab him in the heart to stop the suffering. LESSON learned.
I know why it's not allowed, but a dispatch pistol really is a much better choice then a bow/crossbow/rifle for a downed deer. Would be hard to enforce dispatching only. It's archery season, and the deer has a bullet through the head, and an arrow wound. Who's to say you didn't shoot with pistol, and then stick an arrow in it for legal purposes.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,984  
Scope swap time. I replaced my Nikon African 1-4 x 20 on my .375 H&H with a Trijicon Accupoint 1-6 x 24 with #4 reticle. The Nikon will go on a .300BO I have. The Nikon scope is surprisingly clear and bright, but I ultimately wanted just a little bit more power.

I looked and thought long and hard about what to put on the .375 and ultimately decided on 1-6 power. I have (2) of the Trijicon Credo HX on an AR-.308 and AR-15 and have been very happy with them. They didn't really have a reticle in the Credo line that I liked for the .375, so I kept looking. I have an Accupoint 3-9 x 40 with the triangle post on an older AR-10, so I was familiar with the Accupoint line. Another scope I was considering was a Leica Amplus 6 1-4 x 24 with a 4a reticle. I don't have any experience with Leica, so I stuck with what I knew.

I just mounted the Accupoint 1-6 x 24 and the clarity is outstanding, the power ring very smooth and the eyebox at 1x is huge. The 1x power is truly 1x and while I wish the #4 reticle was just ever-so-slightly thicker, it's about as good as it gets for a balance of close and distance shooting.

I'll try it out on pigs next weekend and someday I'll get back to hunting for an eland and buffalo.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,985  
Picked up a cheap truck pistol. Sccy cpx1. Seen it on gunbrokers and bid $100. Got it.

Shot them before quite a bit and not bad for a cheap gun. Trigger sucks dog, definitely no need for safety with that thing but overall, they go bang when you need it to.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,986  
Picked up a cheap truck pistol. Sccy cpx1. Seen it on gunbrokers and bid $100. Got it.

Shot them before quite a bit and not bad for a cheap gun. Trigger sucks dog, definitely no need for safety with that thing but overall, they go bang when you need it to.
Neighbor has 2 Sccys, and yes, the trigger is bad, they are ugly, and carry pretty well. He was actually telling me just last Saturday, he doesn't know why, but he actually likes his Sccy better than his Glock, but can't get around the crap everyone would give him if he sold his Glock to carry his Sccy...

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,987  
Don't know if I would sell a glock over a SCCY, that's a little extreme....lol

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,988  
Why does he need to sell one? keep them both!

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,989  
He told me he just plain doesn't like the Glock. It's funny how personal guns are, it can be fine, work, ect; and you still might just not really like it; or alternatively, it could shoot like crap, be a pain for whatever it's intended role is, and impractical as heck, and you might still love it...

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,990  
I love my Defender 12 gauge!
image.jpg