Tires on a utility trailer.

/ Tires on a utility trailer.
Yeah, OK. That's why I started asking questions before spending money. It's been there for 10-15 years, it ain't goin' anywhere soon if I decide I need it for something else. Tucked back in the woods for now.

There's always U-Haul, right?

/ Tires on a utility trailer. #23  
No way would I feel comfortable putting the tractor in there. Lawn tractor, yes...

/ Tires on a utility trailer. #25  
From past experience with tilt at axle trailers, I will never have or use one again. I and my SIL both had one and they were VERY dangerous, tail wagging the dog. The only way you could haul anything was to be SURE very little weight if any was behind the axle and that sure cut down on what could be hauled.

/ Tires on a utility trailer. #26  
definitely looks like trailer weight is 575 and weight rating looks like 3500 is there anything stamped on the coupler. it definitely looks like the axle is dead center.

I wouldn't load it with much more than 1500lbs

/ Tires on a utility trailer. #27  
I agree with john i have 2 tilt trailers and they suck for hauling anything very long all your weight needs to be forward or they sway like crazy,

/ Tires on a utility trailer. #28  
Looks like they simply added two feet on the rear of their eight foot trailer.

Bruce

And all it needs is one more axle and 2-3 more feet and you've got something. If it were mine i'd do the following:

A. Test run it as is (with safe tires) and see how it feels.
B. If it feels like it needs something, modify to suit.

But i've gotten real comfortable modifying metal over the last year or so. I've reinforced a similar 5x8 a bit and will do a bit more. Actually plan to haul a tiny B6100 TLB that will put it slightly over its rated payload, in the next few days. But haven't driven it up there to see how it fits, yet. Bucket will be over the front rail and dipper arm will be over the back, that's for sure. Everything about towing is basically down to comfort level and caution, so you do what you think is safe, and as cautiously as you have the patience for. A lot of the money spent on towing things is either CYA from possible legal complications if you get in an accident, or just buying the ability to tow safely, faster.

/ Tires on a utility trailer. #29  
From past experience with tilt at axle trailers, I will never have or use one again. I and my SIL both had one and they were VERY dangerous, tail wagging the dog. The only way you could haul anything was to be SURE very little weight if any was behind the axle and that sure cut down on what could be hauled.
I have one I use as a snowmobile trailer, the tilt makes it easy to load/unload without tearing up the track or catching the carbides. I've used it in a pinch with an ATV too. No handling problems, though it's a real PITA to back.

/ Tires on a utility trailer.
I may decide to throw a couple of old tires on it and use it for lumber or concrete that I don't want to put inside.

I'll see what UHaul has for the SCUT.