Tire chains

/ Tire chains #1  

smead

Tractor
IH 574
Any recommendation on where to buy tire chains? Like everything else prices have gone crazy. Tires are 43x16.00x20. thanks

/ Tire chains #2  
I bought V-bar chains locally at Les Schwab. They were a ladder type chain. There are also European style studded chains. Look at Aqualine Talon or Pearless - for starters. Be prepared to spend big $$$ for the European style.

/ Tire chains
From looking around on the internet it looks like basic chains will run $600+. Thanks, will check the out. Would like to find a set used but no luck so far

/ Tire chains #4  
I was thinking of buying the yellow plastic chain, used for personnel barriers, and just making my own. Seems the plastic is cheaper.

/ Tire chains #5  
If you need chains buy good ones;
they are expensive but quality costs.
100_4165.JPG

100_4186.JPG

/ Tire chains #6  
Pay the extra if need be and good bite.

/ Tire chains #7  
Op,
I believe i bought chains for that exact tire size from Windy ridge in New hampshire (was a recommendation in some other tire chain thread years ago)
They are OFA- euro style (easy-on?) but a lower profile that also works well on pavement. They have been great and at the time were much less than half the price of aquiline etc.

/ Tire chains #8  
At that size, you're going to be in 5/16" or even 3/8" chain, so do mind the weight. I kept my lefts (front + rear) in one milk crate and the rights in another, and it's all I can to carry or drag them in and out of the shed some days. Getting them on/off is a chore, but one that goes more smoothly with practice.

/ Tire chains #10  
At that size, you're going to be in 5/16" or even 3/8" chain, so do mind the weight. I kept my lefts (front + rear) in one milk crate and the rights in another, and it's all I can to carry or drag them in and out of the shed some days. Getting them on/off is a chore, but one that goes more smoothly with practice.
If you "drive" them on it's much easier.
Mounting tire chains