Tilt bucket on Kubota U15-3 - way too fast

/ Tilt bucket on Kubota U15-3 - way too fast #1  

blindwillie

Tractor
Ursus C-385
Hi :)

I have bought a tilt bucket for my mini excavator. It has two sets of aux hydraulic ports and after many rounds of buying the wrong fittings, I finally managed to connect the bucket :)

I control it with the foot pedal, but it is very very sensitive and almost impossible to use because of this. Is there a way to make it slower?

Another related question: As said, I have another pair of aux ports on the excavator... but I have no idea what controls them. Any ideas if there are any more "unused" controls on this machine? I feel like I have tried everything.

/ Tilt bucket on Kubota U15-3 - way too fast #2  
Tilt buckets, depending on the design, can be very touchy to use.

You can add a flow control valve on each line to reduce the flow on each direction. Those are adjustable, so you can set them up just as you like.

This one is just an example:

/ Tilt bucket on Kubota U15-3 - way too fast #3  
Your second set of aux ports probably doesn’t do anything. It’s common practice to put 2 sets on a switch valve. With that setup you could have a hydraulic thumb and use your tilt bucket. You can’t use both at the same time but you wouldn’t have to disconnect the thumb. Just plug in the bucket and twist the switch valve. As to the speed you can put flow restrictors in the hose.

/ Tilt bucket on Kubota U15-3 - way too fast #4  
Do you have a thumb rocker on either joystick? One thing that pisses me off about the US vs Euro market is the aux options. The same machines over there are offered with 3 auxs on proportional valves and over here we're just offered one.

/ Tilt bucket on Kubota U15-3 - way too fast #5  
Do you have a thumb rocker on either joystick? One thing that pisses me off about the US vs Euro market is the aux options. The same machines over there are offered with 3 auxs on proportional valves and over here we're just offered one.

That would cost quite a bit and nearly useless without a tilt rotator which almost nobody in US uses. Why would you make an expensive option for another expensive option that nobody uses?

/ Tilt bucket on Kubota U15-3 - way too fast #6  
That would cost quite a bit and nearly useless without a tilt rotator which almost nobody in US uses. Why would you make an expensive option for another expensive option that nobody uses?
Because I want a hydraulic quick coupler and joystick proportional thumb controls so I can drive with my feet and use the thumb at the same time.

/ Tilt bucket on Kubota U15-3 - way too fast #7  
@4570Man you give good excavator advise but you make the mistake of thinking everyone's usage is the same as your usage.

/ Tilt bucket on Kubota U15-3 - way too fast #8  
@4570Man you give good excavator advise but you make the mistake of thinking everyone's usage is the same as your usage.

I’m not under the false illusion that it is but the vast majority of American buyers are happy with one hydraulic circuit that they divert between a thumb and an attachment. I’m sure you could order an excavator with a second or 3rd hydraulic circuit. As far as tracking and working the boom at the same time that’s asking a lot from a fairly low hp machine. An excavator has 1/2 the hp most other equipment of similar weight would have.