Tier 2 emissions fuel injector operation on JD5065e

/ Tier 2 emissions fuel injector operation on JD5065e #1  

Rmiked

Tractor
John Deere 5065e, 2013
I have a 2012 built JD5065e. It is a Tier 2 machine. Are the fuel injectors mechanical or electrical? Is there an ECU that controls the injectors? My tractor runs fine but just wondering how it is controlled compared to a Tier 4 machine. I don’t even know If there is an ECU on my tractor. I prefer simplicity and how that might lead to reliability with less things to fail. Thanks

/ Tier 2 emissions fuel injector operation on JD5065e #3  
Would electrical injectors be “common rail”?
I know the mechanical injectors have an individual fuel line from the pump to each cylinder’s injector, but will electrical have just one (that is, is that the common rail)?

/ Tier 2 emissions fuel injector operation on JD5065e #5  
Common rail high pressure electronically controlled injection to meet emissions mandates comes with it's own set of issues, mainly fuel contamination and water in the fuel which is death on them. Why Kubota (and I presume other manufacturers are installing fuel polishing units between the fuel source and the primary fuel filter on T4 tractors with common rail HP injection, something I did with my older T3 interem tractors as well and did a thread under Kubota operating about that.

HP common rail injection is very prone to failure from contaminated diesel.

/ Tier 2 emissions fuel injector operation on JD5065e #6  
Common rail high pressure electronically controlled injection to meet emissions mandates comes with it's own set of issues, mainly fuel contamination and water in the fuel which is death on them 5030

Bosch was (is?) a disaster on that system on Kubota 4 Tier, may have changed... thankfully, my purchase was Tier 2

/ Tier 2 emissions fuel injector operation on JD5065e #7  
Electronic controlled injection does not mean automatically common rail.

As far as i know it's called pump-nozzle system. The injectors get their fuel supplied under a pressure of about 100 PSI. Like the name suggests, the pump section is part of the injector nozzle. A injector lobe on the cam shaft activates the pump. Pressure builds up and the ECM times the injection itself.