This is my last post on TBN

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / This is my last post on TBN #221  
Does someone know the break down of nationalities on this forum? What % of members are from North America?
I'm sure it's very high.

I've got some very good TBN friends here from Canada, Australia, Norway, Finland, England and a few other countries I can't remember. I value their input greatly. Especially discussing their methods of doing things and the differences in their equipment.

/ This is my last post on TBN #222  
I'm sure it's very high.

I've got some very good TBN friends here from Canada, Australia, Norway, Finland, England and a few other countries I can't remember. I value their input greatly. Especially discussing their methods of doing things and the differences in their equipment.
I'm sure there is good input from people in other countries. But values that Americans hold like gun ownership and land ownership probably won't be shared or supported by people in other countries.

Just wondering if much of the whining Karens reporting posts are from other countries?

/ This is my last post on TBN #223  
Just wondering if much of the whining Karens reporting posts are from other countries?
I doubt it. I believe there is a very select group on here than does about 95% of that. Been here a long time and never reported a post. If I don't agree or find it not above board, I just move on and disregard it. Life is too short to be a snitch.

/ This is my last post on TBN #224  
One would hope thee idea of censoring another person’s opinion would not come from Americans, however we see it more and more.

Oliver Wendell Holmes would be a good read for many. He shook hands with John Quincy Adams and JFK. Oldest serving Supreme Court Justice whose idea of free speech was rejected, but time showed him as the man of the hour(or century really)

The Internet is, without a doubt the new public square. It is not private property in this sense and even if it was, this does not confer upon the owners the authority over the conscience of the “visitors”. Certainly not to the place of banning speech about a certain topic.

This is a forum, plain and simple. Here we are exchanging ideas about how to govern the forum, that’s ok. No tractor talk at all, it’s ok.

Other rules like “don’t criticize moderators” really should be better thought out.

I don’t even really like the no name calling, but there certainly is a place for public decency. But if someone is being a fool or an over sensitive Nancy or possibly an insecure authoritarian narcissist, let’s just call a spade a spade.

I personally don’t appreciate anyone calling the President a name (even Joe *****) because I believe the God would have us show respect.

Oh dear, I mentioned our Creator and even referred to the idea that he has authority over our lives—even the way we interact on an Internet forum. Oh well, have a blessed day.

/ This is my last post on TBN #225  
I doubt it. I believe there is a very select group on here than does about 95% of that. Been here a long time and never reported a post. If I don't agree or find it not above board, I just move on and disregard it. Life is too short to be a snitch.
I don't know a single person from another country on here that I think would be a "reporter". They are all stand up guys.

In my list I forgot Portugal. Have a good friend from there that's on here.

/ This is my last post on TBN #226  
One would hope thee idea of censoring another person’s opinion would not come from Americans, however we see it more and more.

Oliver Wendell Holmes would be a good read for many. He shook hands with John Quincy Adams and JFK. Oldest serving Supreme Court Justice whose idea of free speech was rejected, but time showed him as the man of the hour(or century really)

The Internet is, without a doubt the new public square. It is not private property in this sense and even if it was, this does not confer upon the owners the authority over the conscience of the “visitors”. Certainly not to the place of banning speech about a certain topic.

This is a forum, plain and simple. Here we are exchanging ideas about how to govern the forum, that’s ok. No tractor talk at all, it’s ok.

Other rules like “don’t criticize moderators” really should be better thought out.

I don’t even really like the no name calling, but there certainly is a place for public decency. But if someone is being a fool or an over sensitive Nancy or possibly an insecure authoritarian narcissist, let’s just call a spade a spade.

I personally don’t appreciate anyone calling the President a name (even Joe *****) because I believe the God would have us show respect.

Oh dear, I mentioned our Creator and even referred to the idea that he has authority over our lives—even the way we interact on an Internet forum. Oh well, have a blessed day.
Good post.

Were on a roll to see how many of the "rules" you could break in one post??? ;)

/ This is my last post on TBN #227  
In my list I forgot Portugal. Have a good friend from there that's on here.
And there was a guy from South Africa that was on here for awhile.

/ This is my last post on TBN #228  
But values that Americans hold like gun ownership and land ownership probably won't be shared or supported by people in other countries.

What does it matter? Are gun and land ownership topics relevant topics for a forum on tractors? I'm entirely willing to have a pleasant discussion with people on a topic in which we share an interest, without judging them, or defeating the discussion, because we have differing feelings on another unrelated topic. Why muddy the waters? If I wanted to talk about guns or land ownership, I would not have come to a tractor forum to do it!

As for contributors from other geographical areas, I have learned immense amounts on tractors, and heavy equipment operation from seeing how people do things in other parts of the world! From very low ground pressure machines I've see used in Florida, and machines optimized for logging on mountain sides in British Columbia and Norway, to snow blowing and cold weather operations in Canada, Alaska, and Norway, and machines optimized for use around salt water in Germany, Croatia, and the Maldives. I've seen very modest "make the best from what you can" equipment being used in China and Africa, and appreciated the innovation of economy, where someone adapts one machine to do a different job, because they just don't have the broad resource of equipment and services we enjoy in North America. I can learn things all over, and certainly wouldn't want to close my mind to ideas based on nationality or geographic location!

Status
Not open for further replies.