This Drug Epidemic is out of control.

/ This Drug Epidemic is out of control. #21  
We have a Pain Management practice onsite and some of the patients are in excruciating pain and it is becoming a real problem for legit patients, end of life, etc... to find relief as having the script is no promise it can be filled...

One alternative is a pump implant but costly... another is mandatory drug testing to make sure you ARE taking the pills, or have them to show the Doc and this is a check against selling them.

/ This Drug Epidemic is out of control. #22  
I have all the faith in the world in the younger generation. They are smarter, more kind and more tolerant than we ever were. It's us stodgy old timers that give me concern :drink:

+1
That's been my experience as well.

Sorry for you and your families struggles. That would break my heart, and i can imagine the relief of the end of that struggle.

There are people that have issues with addiction, my opinion, it's largely genetic. The pharmaceutical companies and some doctors were and are, making a large amount of money out of these drugs. Time after time, you here these poor people get started because of a prescription for pain pills. My family has has some members that have had their lives changed forever, from drug addiction.

I myself don't particularly like the effects of pain meds, and quit taking as soon as i can stand the pain enough to function at some level.