Think I’m going to get a sawmill.

/ Think I’m going to get a sawmill. #21  
I have a fond future desire to manufacture one.
Been picking my way through several options. I have figured out how I'll make the steel wheels, their bearings and drive train. I haven't yet decided on (a) a concrete foundation or (b) a much heavier frame for mobility (do I really need to make it a trailer?). And I don't know whether I want electric or gasoline. Electric being quieter. I suppose I could use higher grade mufflers. I put a caddy muffler on my Ransomes walk behind mower when the factory one fell apart and it quieted that puppy right down.

/ Think I’m going to get a sawmill. #23  
Wheels, blade guides and blade tensioning mechanism are all available. The basics are pretty simple, it's the log handling and the rest of the hydraulics that I'm afraid of.

/ Think I’m going to get a sawmill. #25  
you have a tractor. A sawmill doesn't need hydraulics, you can feed by pushing or with a manual or power driven crank.

just curious..."feed" what ??

/ Think I’m going to get a sawmill. #26  
Logs and slabbed logs (cants)

Course the rain run off cover for the mill setup, end to end, with openng to remove slabs and cut lumber, then the air dry shed, open from the mill, strips, weights, etc. For hardwoods, it is good to have a wax melting pot for dipping the ends to prevent checking.
Must have a space to run a FEL with forks to stack cut lumber and move logs onto the track. A grapple works well for the logs, not so much fro cut stacked lumber.
Much easier to move stuff by hand only once.