The next guy that claims "green (or orange) paint doubles the price"

/ The next guy that claims "green (or orange) paint doubles the price" #301  
I tried that, and the shop told me they didn't have a seal kit. That's why I ended up buying the JD brand. Then I called them back and asked if they'd rebuild it since I bought the kit. They want $400 labor. I called another hydraulics shop and their minimum is $800. I will do it myself for those prices. I am going to look around and see if I can find a compatible brand new cylinder new, then I'll buy it and don't have to hurry the rebuild.
I had a bent rod on my FEL. Bought a new rod from the dealer (far less than a complete cylinder) and it came with all the seals.

I researched on Youtube about cylinder repair (which was a complete waste of time as none of the videos showed what I had).

Long story short, the job was done in less than a couple of hours (would have been less if I knew what I was getting into) and all that was required were a pair of snap ring pliers, a brass drift, a pick with a hooked end and a dead blow hammer.

/ The next guy that claims "green (or orange) paint doubles the price" #302  
Keep in mind that 1 3/4” bore is sized for the stress capability of your loader and compatible with the hydraulic pump capacity of your machine. Your upgrade may not work so well with your machine. Then again, it might be ok.
I bent a rod on my FEL and bought a new rod from the dealer (much cheaper than a complete cylinder).

What I found out while researching my problem was that apparently, Massey had a problem with the original rod diameter and a larger bore rod was available that fit the same cylinder. If I'd had the money I'd have replaced both, especially after discovering it was a relatively simple job to do.

I'm hoping the original problem was due to stupidity on my part and not a design issue

/ The next guy that claims "green (or orange) paint doubles the price" #303  
Exactly. It will be slower, combined with higher probability of pin failure.

Here's one that fell thru the cracks, tho. Mower decks need occasional scaling or sandblasting, and repainting. You'd think Deere could package all of the warning and serpentine belt arrangement stickers into a single sticker pack for $25, but no... they have to make you order and charge you for each individual sticker on the effing mower deck. For all I know, Mahindra and Kioti could be even worse here, but I hadn't anticipated the most expensive part of a mower deck rehab to be the stupid warning and belt arrangement stickers.
Every time I've refinished a piece of equipment I've either abandoned the stickers or I've carefully taped over them and sanded around them. Generally will save the sticker.