The Hydraulic Fight is Over - Hydraulic Coupling Pressure Relief Tool

/ The Hydraulic Fight is Over - Hydraulic Coupling Pressure Relief Tool #1  

Prest66

Tractor
Kubota MX5400
Wow! I got one of these tools, works great for me to get my grapple on my tractor. Hydraulic Pressure Relief tool. I used to almost kill myself trying to get my hoses on, especially after sitting in the sun! Just passing the info along.

/ The Hydraulic Fight is Over - Hydraulic Coupling Pressure Relief Tool #2  
I made one of those myself several years back, I guess I should've patented it! :unsure:

Mine consisted of a hydraulic coupling (female), an NPT plug that I drilled and threaded 3/8"NC, and a 3/8"NC x 4" eye bolt. My design beats the one you bought in that it only cost $20, and the eyebolt makes it easy to hang on a nail in my shed!

Will get a photo next time I'm in the shed.

/ The Hydraulic Fight is Over - Hydraulic Coupling Pressure Relief Tool #4  
Cheaper than you. I use a brass punch and a rag. Got maybe 5 bucks in mine.
For years, I used a rag and then just slammed the fitting on the closest metal object. But I got sprayed a few times, usually when the rag slipped off at the wrong moment, and just got sick of the mess it would make. The coupler with screw trick works real well, if you happen to have it hanging nearby when you need it.

/ The Hydraulic Fight is Over - Hydraulic Coupling Pressure Relief Tool #6  
lol...

/ The Hydraulic Fight is Over - Hydraulic Coupling Pressure Relief Tool #7  
I never have issues with small couplers. Its the flat face ones that are a pain. I bought one of those modified clamps that worked great this winter….first full use. This is someone elses picture…i have same unit, but cand find photo of it.

8279FFED-E854-4C30-AB5A-3DC09AA62F53.jpeg

Last edited:
   / The Hydraulic Fight is Over - Hydraulic Coupling Pressure Relief Tool #8  
I never have issues with small couplers. Its the flat face ones that are a pain. I bought one of those modified clamps that worked great this winter….first full use. This is someone elses picture…i have same unit, but cand find photo of it.

View attachment 790504

I use the same tool...VERY pleased with it.

/ The Hydraulic Fight is Over - Hydraulic Coupling Pressure Relief Tool #9  
   / The Hydraulic Fight is Over - Hydraulic Coupling Pressure Relief Tool #10  

View attachment 790504
Cheaper at Harbor Freight...lol