The day the music died.

/ The day the music died. #1,182  
Before they died...If yoko ono married Perry Como, divorced him and married Sonny Bono...she would be yoko ono como bono....!
Don't give up your day job!!! You're lucky that the price of eggs is up!!! :poop:

/ The day the music died. #1,183  
This year I am going to combine two holidays...Easter and April Fools Day...I'm going to send the grand kids out to hunt for eggs I didn't color or hide...!!

/ The day the music died. #1,184  
This year I am going to combine two holidays...Easter and April Fools Day...I'm going to send the grand kids out to hunt for eggs I didn't color or hide...!!
Is this the GROAN thread? :p

/ The day the music died. #1,186  
That was of course the day that Buddy Holley died. Lately though, we are losing some of what I would term "our generations" greats. David Bowie, Glenn Fry and a number of actors.

With a leap of faith, I get the feeling that many of the members are more or less my vintage (65)? If so, going back to the crazy days of the late sixties and early seventies, no matter what, we had some great music. Certainly much better than what IMHO is being made today. It seems like rock songs try to hard to cover to many themes, country is for those that cannot make it in the rock world, etc, etc.

Anyway, we are barely into the new year and everyday we hear of someone that once was (or perhaps still is) relavent passing on. RIP
The day Buddy Holley died was the day Waylon Jennings gave his seat on the airplane to a Band Member with the last name of Richardson. Two other Band Members, Allsup and Valens flipped a coin for a seat. Valens won.

The pilot of the Buddy Holley plane, Roger Peterson, was not certified to fly by instruments yet he took of in bad weather.

/ The day the music died. #1,187  

Burt Bacharach, legendary composer for Dionne Warwick, Tom Jones, Aretha Franklin, dies at 94

/ The day the music died. #1,188  

Burt Bacharach, legendary composer for Dionne Warwick, Tom Jones, Aretha Franklin, dies at 94

Yeah, big news. I suspect very few young people realize just how important and influential he was on music of the time, and how he influenced what came from that, today.

Everyone knows about his collaborations with Dionne Warwick and Tom Jones, but did you know he also wrote for Doctor Dre?

If you don't know this guy's catalog, it's worth spending 10 minutes hearing his highlights on YouTube tonight, you'll be surprised at how many of the standards you know today came from this one guy. His music is likely the soundtrack of your childhood, as you endured your parents' favorites.

/ The day the music died. #1,189  
When I think of Burt (RIP) I think more of a songwriter...but a composer in the same light as Paul Simon...
When I think composer I think Henry Mancini...

/ The day the music died. #1,190  
Yeah, big news. I suspect very few young people realize just how important and influential he was on music of the time, and how he influenced what came from that, today.

Everyone knows about his collaborations with Dionne Warwick and Tom Jones, but did you know he also wrote for Doctor Dre?

If you don't know this guy's catalog, it's worth spending 10 minutes hearing his highlights on YouTube tonight, you'll be surprised at how many of the standards you know today came from this one guy. His music is likely the soundtrack of your childhood, as you endured your parents' favorites.
When I was a kid, it seemed that every popular song on the radio, television, etc., was tied to him. He did a lot of talk show interviews.