The day the music died.

/ The day the music died. #1,172  
Interesting note on TCB. The piano was on the record was played by a pizza delivery guy that was making via delivery, and convinced them it needed it.
Right place, Right Time...... it doesn't happen often, but when it does.....

Friend of a friend was in a small club years back, to see Jeff Healey and his band. Flu or something, but not long before the close, his drummer was visibly ill..... got him off stage and taken care of. Show Must Go On..... Jeff takes the mic, lets people know the drummer is being cared for, then asks "I wanted to finish with Freebird.... any drummers in the house ?". Friend of a Friend yells "I'd give up my left ____ to play Freebird with you", and, he did.

Piano was more common back then, and Randy had heard plenty played by Burton, so I can see him giving the pizza guy a shot :cool:.... it was a Different Time....

Rgds, D.

/ The day the music died. #1,175  
Just watched a special on Dean Martin on TCM Very interesting a man that played to his own drum. I didn't know the whole drunk thing was an act.
If I remember correctly, Jackie Gleason made a lot of jokes about Dean's drinkin' in his monologue.

/ The day the music died. #1,176  
Dean Daughtry Dies: Cofounder of Atlanta Rhythm Section, Cowriter Of Hit ‘So Into You’ Was 76

Atlanta Rhythm Section was omnipresent on the radio in the 1970s, thanks to its Top 10 soft-rock hits “So Into You” and “Imaginary Lover.” Daughtry co-wrote both.

/ The day the music died. #1,177  
I went to high school with one of Perry Como's granddaughters. (like that means anything. :ROFLMAO: , but she was a nice person.).
Perry Como lived across the street from us in Wheaton Ill when I was just a kid. My Mom would try to catch a glimpse of him.

/ The day the music died. #1,179  
The Yardbards easily holds the distinction for the band I've read the most about, but never really listened to. Some legendary bands formed out of their prior members.

/ The day the music died. #1,180  
The Yardbards easily holds the distinction for the band I've read the most about, but never really listened to. Some legendary bands formed out of their prior members.
They had some really good songs,
but as you say the members moved on to bigger things. Sometimes it’s nice to hear something different though.