Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,151  
FWIW...Les Paul is Steve Miller's godfather...!
I stole this from the "Groan... Quatre" thread down on the Front Porch.
I felt that it belonged here... no offense meant to Mr Pine.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,152  
Fire Island in NY does not allow Motor vehicles past the bridge parking lot.
Most people get around by water taxis or golf carts.
Golf carts aren't considered a motorized vehicle?

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,153  
Golf carts aren't considered a motorized vehicle?
As long as they are electric, no gas, NG, etc. was ever allowed for carts.
No donkey's either :) and carts are limited in number and accessible areas.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,154  

That looks like a motorized buckrake. I don't see an operator postion on it though. I stacked hay with a team of horses pushing a buckrake. Can't watch teh film, way too long for my dog of a server, it would take all day to load.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,155  
That's a great story... I got a 773 Bobcat today. It is the handiest wheel barrow you ever had.;)

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,156  
Larry Tesler would have been 78 today...you may not recognize the name...he developed the concept of cut, copy, paste...among several other great user functions...

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,157  
That looks like a motorized buckrake. I don't see an operator postion on it though. I stacked hay with a team of horses pushing a buckrake. Can't watch teh film, way too long for my dog of a server, it would take all day to load.
The operator sits just in front of the engine, rather like modern Bobcats.

All the best,

Peter

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,158  
Larry Tesler would have been 78 today...you may not recognize the name...he developed the concept of cut, copy, paste...among several other great user functions...
... and hitting a little closer to home, for this forum of tractor owners, Robert Bailey Thomas would have been 257 years old today. He was the founder of The Farmer's Almanac.

Last edited:
   / Tell us something we don’t know. #4,159  
That's a great story... I got a 773 Bobcat today. It is the handiest wheel barrow you ever had.;)
Yes it was a great story.
I read a post a year or more back from someone who said he had bought a belt drive Bobcat. Now I have a good idea what it looked like.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,160  
1682426077921.png