Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,031  
East Moriches. At a time where one could walk to the bay. If you could get past the smell of the duck farms. Mussels and oysters, with hot sauce on the boat for oysters. And my grandfather shucking and slurping when we got home.
Only one big duck farm left, land became too valuable and raising ducks too expensive :-(

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,032  
college educated.png

She's against "Red Green"

KC

/ Tell us something we don’t know.
#4,036  
Naval battle of the Falklands? They had a story on the Falkland naval battle and trying to find the sunken ships on the Smithsonian channel. I was thinking 1982 but it happened during WW1. Several German ships were sunk by the Royal Navy and nearly 2000 sailers killed. I never heard of until today.

Last edited:
   / Tell us something we don’t know. #4,037  
Never heard of it, either.

Bruce

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,038  
Was shown this by my usual tech advisor. That is my ten year old granddaughter.

My iPhone 11 is now set up so I can tap it three times with a fingernail on the back and the flashlight will come on. Since I have an Otterbox on mine it sometimes take two or three tries. This is so that in an emergency you can turn it on without looking at the screen. Mine is also set up so that I can tap it twice on the back and take a screen shot. I have no idea how she did this. I have looked in settings but cannot find it. I am now taking photos of the inside of my pocket with the flashlight on.

I refuse to give her the satisfaction of granddaddy asking how to turn these functions off. I will wait until the next time she gets stuck in a tree, climbs everything but can't get down, and trade getting her down for the info.

RSKY

Setting-accessibility-touch.
You can see 2 and 3 tap settings.

I didn’t know this until now.