Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,004  
When I was a boy - we went to all you can eat Maine lobster. Somewhere in the Catskills, outdoor picnic tables decked out in endless melted butter saucers and plenty of napkins - what a blast (y)

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,005  
We used to buy Culls in Eastern MA for about $5 per large bucket when I was a kid.
Restaurants didn't want them and the locals were tired of eating them...

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,006  
We used to buy Culls in Eastern MA for about $5 per large bucket when I was a kid.
Restaurants didn't want them and the locals were tired of eating them...
I don't ever remember lobsters being cheap, but we had some cousins who lived on Long Island we went to visit once in the early 60s, and they'd go clamming in L.I. Sound 'most every day. Always came back with a lot. I was about 10 at the time and man, was I ever sick of steamed clams by the end of that visit! They sent us home with a big burlap bag of them when we left. Given the price of clams today, I'd guess they aren't that abundant anymore.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,007  
Years ago...tourists would come down and want to go fishing...there were basically two choices for offshore fishing...bottom fishing (grouper and snapper) or trolling (mostly for Spanish and King Mackerel)...they would almost always want to troll...returning tourists would rave about how good their "kingfish" steaks were...

These days fresh grouper and snapper (light white and flaky) is often north of $30/lb where kingfish and mackerels (course, grainy and oily) are mostly sold for cat food or fertilizer...!

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,010  
What famous actor turned down a role in Blazing Saddles?
Gig Young was cast, but he collapsed during his first scene from what was later determined to be alcohol withdrawal syndrome, and Wilder was flown in to replace him. Johnny Carson and Wilder both turned down the Hedley Lamarr role before Korman was cast.