Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,951  
I just heard from a friend that did self checkout at Walmart. After he clicked on Pay, a few seconds later a “Review Screen” came up. He was gathering his bags when an associate came up and hit the 5 star button!

I bet that store gets great reviews. :unsure:

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,952  
I know that this is one of the common explanations for the expression.

Personally, I have trouble with this for two reasons; a) The expression is nowhere near as old as iron smelting (1824). b) I have been in a foundry only a handful of times, but when I as present, it never got cold enough for condensation. So, it seems odd that something relatively few people would see in 1800, would come into common usage.

I don't have a better explanation, especially as pigs don't sweat.

All the best,

Peter
We've toured several old historic iron furnaces over the years. From what we saw, they just drew lines in the sand, then the depressions for the pigs. It was usually under a roof with three sides open. They'd tap the furnace and the iron would run down the lines then fill the depressions in the sand. I'd guess that being open air like that would allow for moist air to condense.

(click to enlarge)

1A7260C8-3740-43C7-8A44-991BA1B5C5A5.jpeg

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,953  
A lot of frequencies are missing from the app.

And a lot, if notl most are encrypted. I sedd to monitor my local cop frequencies. All I get now is squelch break.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,954  
I just heard from a friend that did self checkout at Walmart. After he clicked on Pay, a few seconds later a “Review Screen” came up. He was gathering his bags when an associate came up and hit the 5 star button!

I bet that store gets great reviews. :unsure:
They've done the same to me at the self check out at Wally World. I've also had them solicit five star reviews from me as well

I couldn't get an explanation as to why they need reviews and ratings for self checkout

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,955  
I couldn't get an explanation as to why they need reviews and ratings for self checkout
That’s for you! Get enough good reviews while doing their nob and you will get a 50% raise.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,956  
I just discovered an app you can install on your phone or tablet "Scanner Radio". You put your or any area in search and it works just like the old scanners did years ago.
What does it use for an antenna? Haven't cell phones gone to wireless earphones now? Unless the only frequencies this scans are up in the gHz range with the 5G frequencies.
Must only be some stores. I use the self checkout there all the time and I've never been asked for a review.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,958  
What does it use for an antenna? Haven't cell phones gone to wireless earphones now? Unless the only frequencies this scans are up in the gHz range with the 5G frequencies.
It's not using your phone to scan radio bands. Various people grab the audio using traditional scanners, and rebroadcast it through the app. You're just grabbing onto their digital audio feeds, hosted in the app.

It's also popular for some "station owners" on these apps to put several frequencies onto one station, sometimes one frequency in right ear and another in the left.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,959  
Someone owns a twin engine experimental Chevy Citation from GM.

I think there's 6 videos.

Pretty interesting.