Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,561  
I simply spread the dough by hand. Put your fingers together, press the dough, opening your fingers as you go. Not always a perfect circle, but it's quick and simple.
Anyone remember the Chef BoyArdee (sp?) pizza’s in a box. Ah the 70’s.

1678460909144.jpeg

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,562  
On the subject of bread, I understand that a common complaint of the WWII German POW’s kept in the US was the bread they were served. Tasteless white bread that we had grown accustomed to. I get that.

Members of the German military were interned as prisoners of war in the United States during World War I and World War II. In all, 425,000 German prisoners lived in 700 camps throughout the United States during World War II.

Locations of major internment camps June 1944 (Wikipedia):

View attachment 787731
We had a lot of those camps in Oklahoma; I can recall driving one in El Reno, and waving at the prisoners who eagerly waved back. A lot of the prisoners, after repatriation, came back to become citizens. Friend of mine said one came back to his hometown in Nebraska, and bought the orchard he worked in as a prisoner.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,563  
Insane map, 2% of all counties account for 51% of all murders. More than half the counties (54%) didn't have a single murder.
What's insane about it? Those are the most populous counties in the US.
More people, = more murders.
You'd also get the most donuts, churches, hospitals, and shoe stores in the same counties.

1B8547E9-2B8D-47DD-8BB0-BA1646B49C07.png E6022839-4DE6-401B-8AED-D239BB7BBB81.jpeg

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,566  
   / Tell us something we don’t know. #3,567  
I bought this Zojirushi bread maker...Fantastic but wish I had spent another $22 and got the larger one.
Seems like a lot of money, but a loaf of bread 50c instead of $5...and it's fresh and you know what's in it. 5 minutes to add ingredients, press start.View attachment 787628View attachment 787629
I've had bread machines since way back in the 80s. Love them I am a fan of whole wheat bread. The recipes that come with it are for REAL whole wheat not the fake stuff they sell in the stores. I had to buy my third one last year. Came with a recipe fore 100% whole wheat, not even a pinch of white flour.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,568  
That's the reason I leave our bread machine put up on the shelf.
A loaf of fresh bread, a stick of butter, that little loaf is gone before it gets a chance to cool off.

Oh, yeah. Fresh out of the maching onto the cutting board and the heal gets a slather of real butter. Almost too hot on the first bite.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,569  
Yup, ours is in the cupboard above the fridge

I'll pull it out around the holidays to make some English muffin bread to go with breakfast. But after a loaf or two, it goes back in the cupboard.

My waste line thanks me

I have to watch my weaight also. I limit myself to 1/2 slice for breakfast every day...except for that heal off the fresh loaf. Something that tastes that good just HAS to be healthy.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,570  
I have to watch my weaight also. I limit myself to 1/2 slice for breakfast every day...except for that heal off the fresh loaf. Something that tastes that good just HAS to be healthy.
I just did the heart health check at the local hospital yesterday. Blood work, cat scan, EKG and ultra sound. $99 and really popular. I had to wait 3 months for my appt.

Everything checked out good They said to come back in 5 years.

Made me feel good since my twin brother had to get a blood clot removed from his heart and 2 stints installed just before Christmas.