Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,421  
We bought a 90 Olds 88 in 2001 for our son. Came from my aunt, only24k miles, she no longer was driving. When he saw it, his comment was, "what a big back seat!" Think of my wife's thoughts about that statement coming from a 16yr old son? But he continued saying "I can easily put my bike back there." What a relief for my wife. He wasn't interested in girls, bike racing was his goal for the next 5 years or so. Even spent a few summers in Belgium racing, hoping to be picked up by a professional team, never made that though. Jon

I had a '59 Impala that I took to the car shows for about 20 years. I had it at a show in a small town several years ago; I was sitting in a lawn chair under a tree when I noticed a couple of elderly ladies smiling, looking at my car and talking in a low voice. I over heard one say, with a big smile on her face "I lost my virtue in the back seat of a car just like that! ☺️

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,422  
OKAY,..... Best comeback I've ever had. Give the man five stars.

Does TBN have an award for best reply or comeback?

RSKY
Not an award, but maybe recognition?

Many years ago, one of our members kept a record of some of the one-liner posts that made him laugh out loud.
When he collected enough, he would gather them all up and post them on one long post. And some of them were hilarious.

I don't remember who it was, I wish I did. Does anyone else remember this?

I think the only reason I remember this is because I made his list once.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,424  
Buicks are terrible cars! My wife's grandfather had a '49 Roadmaster Sedanette just like this one. Terrible, ugly car! ...
Beautiful car, but Buick hasn't made anything that sexy in over 70 years. :p

The GN was actually a pretty cool car, from a purely techie perspective, but lacked the cosmetic appeal of the pony cars with which they were competing at the drag strips. And even that was 40 years ago!

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,425  
I had a '59 Impala that I took to the car shows for about 20 years. I had it at a show in a small town several years ago; I was sitting in a lawn chair under a tree when I noticed a couple of elderly ladies smiling, looking at my car and talking in a low voice. I over heard one say, with a big smile on her face "I lost my virtue in the back seat of a car just like that! ☺️
I'm sure that club had a pretty large membership.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,428  
Two creeks near each other, on the road north from Atlin BC toward the AK Highway, are named SNAFU and TARFU. I wonder if the road was built in WWII by the US or Canadian Army.

This is all I found that showed both names. Looks like Snafu Creek drains a lake farther from the road.

snafu-tarfu-creek.jpg

i wonder how many people who pass the roadside signs think they are First Nation's words.

Bruce