Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,262  
Lee Harvey Oswald first assassination attempt was not John Kennedy. It was Edward Walker: That didn't work out.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,264  
When we had a big family gathering, my grandmother would break the sides down and slice it with a knife. My grandfather loved cherries, so the Sunday closest to his birthday we would have a gathering and eat cherry cake and cherry ice cream. :p

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,265  
F96AA744-79DD-41C0-A1DE-4BFD5118B38B.jpeg

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,266  
Count me as#5. 25 years in I.T., had a small computer lab in my basement, too. Now I have surface Pro that rarely gets used, an iPad, and an iPhone. That's it.
It's Sunday morning, and I'm sitting facing six monitors plugged into multiple high-power multi-processor Xeon machines with solver GPU's, fans screaming away like they're about to take flight, and a RAID array that just won't stop grinding (trying to figure out why, at the moment). I look forward to retiring, getting all this crap out of my office, and having just one simple laptop and iPhone. That's likely still more than ten years off, though. We'll see if I have any hearing left, by then. :)

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,267  
I always wondered about these, in that the long sheds just aside the factory look like a pretty good target, whether they're food or factory. Given the horrendously bad accuracy of bomb tech at the time, they're just as likely to hit the actual factory hiding under that neighborhood plan, as the intended sheds, themselves.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,269  
Other side of the coin... a few years ago my brother and I made plans to do some work at my sister's house. I wanted to rent a chipper, but had a hard time finding someplace which was open on Saturday. I made arrangements over the phone and Saturday AM we were there to pick it up. They hooked it up to the truck as I was signing the contract so I checked the hitch and chains and we headed 50 miles to my sister's house. Knowing what I know now, I should have checked it over better.
The knives were so dull that it produced string, rather than chips. After about 15 minutes of use I tried to turn the chute only to have it almost fall off. I went back to cutting brush while my brother ran to the hardware store for bolts. It was pure luck that the darned thing didn't fall off while we were in traffic. As I looked it over more closely I realized that the tires were completely bald; luckily the roads were dry that day.

That was only the second time I had used a rental; the first time was when the landscaper I worked for 40 years ago rented a 20 foot U-Haul and sent me downstate to pick up some sod. There was so much slop in the front end that I had to fight it constantly to keep in my lane; the synchros were gone, so even when trying to use the clutch I had to speed shift it.

There hasn't been a third time that I rented anything.

I rented a front end loader, one the pivoted in the middle. The pivot dropped out after about 30 minutes use.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,270  
Yet there's something about reading a real book which digital can't match. Maine has gone to digital lawbooks for fishing and hunting. Trying to decipher the fishing laws in particular was a challenge with the paper version; doing it on a "smartphone" is just asking for a fine. I've held a hunting/fishing combo with various endorsements every year since 1977; if I can't get a paper copy I won't renew this year. I used to keep a copy in my tackle box, and another in each vehicle.
Totally agree. PDF manuals are the worst. More often than not, you're trying to find the chapter that addresses whatever info you're trying to look up, and it's not easy to skim with most readers let alone when you need to flip back & forth between sections. I really don't have much use for audiobooks or podcasts either...when I read I tend to skim over the "slow" (or boring) parts...not easy to do with something pre-recorded. I took a speed reading class when I was in Jr. High and one of the things they taught was that you don't need to read every single word to get the gist of it.

I suppose an e-reader would be nice if you read a lot of new books...it could save you some money but most of the books I read are either from the swap table at the dump (nice thing is when you're done you can return it for a full refund! :LOL: ) or dollar books from a flea market. Guess I'm just old school when it comes to reading.