Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,821  
Coal plants are still running, and some will for at least 10 more years.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,822  
Coal plants are still running, and some will for at least 10 more years.
Of course, but at ever-diminishing capacity, and in ever-diminishing numbers. In just the last 15 years, coal has crashed, to below our 60-year low point:

1696080079677.png

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,823  
No idea where all the coal trains are headed then.

This is coal country. What?! North Dakota? Yes, we have "both kinds", coal AND oil.

Every single day, multiple times a day, we have fully loaded 5 mile long coal trains headed east.

Every single day, multiple times a day, we have empty 5 mile long coal trains headed back west.

Me thinks possibly don't believe everything you hear about coal production.

We're still digging coal, and pumping oil here.

You guys are welcome.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,824  
1696086401661.jpeg

Thank you.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,825  
No idea where all the coal trains are headed then.

This is coal country. What?! North Dakota? Yes, we have "both kinds", coal AND oil.

Every single day, multiple times a day, we have fully loaded 5 mile long coal trains headed east.

Every single day, multiple times a day, we have empty 5 mile long coal trains headed back west.

Me thinks possibly don't believe everything you hear about coal production.

We're still digging coal, and pumping oil here.

You guys are welcome.
We see the same thing here in northern Indiana (only not 5 miles long). Still haven't figured out why fully loaded trains with same product going in opposite directions.

Maybe dirty coal being shipped from east to western states with lower air restrictions and cleaner western coal being shipped to the east where there's higher air restrictions?

Or, just free market. 🙃

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,826  
We see the same thing here in northern Indiana (only not 5 miles long). Still haven't figured out why fully loaded trains with same product going in opposite directions.

Maybe dirty coal being shipped from east to western states with lower air restrictions and cleaner western coal being shipped to the east where there's higher air restrictions?

Or, just free market. 🙃
Don't know, Moss.

But our trains are coming back empty.

😁

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,827  
   / Tell us something we don’t know. #5,828  
Dirty coal will continue to decline. Natural gas is cheaper and cleaner.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,829  
You know that's steam, right?

And if it's anything like our coal fired power plants (yes, we still have those too), the steam coming out of the stacks is cleaner than the surrounding air.
You know that's NOT steam, right?

I got chastised a few weeks ago because I called it steam, too. Apparently it's water vapor. 🙃