Tell me about a Boomer 24

/ Tell me about a Boomer 24 #1  

HP942

Silver Member
Tractor
LS XJ2025H
I was new tractor shopping, but just don’t want to make payments on new. I’ve found a couple late model Boomer 24’s with less than 100 hours that are in my budget. I can’t find a whole lot on them other than specs. Not any real informative YT videos out there. Also found a couple LS XJ2025 cousins in my budget. Tell me why I’d want one of these. I’m going from an old 37hp JD1050 (rough), and want newer and small. Thanks,

/ Tell me about a Boomer 24 #3  
I just eye-balled one with about 95 hours on it. Looks good, price seems reasonable; but I don't have a baseline for prices. Anybody out there who can clue me in?

/ Tell me about a Boomer 24
I had found a 2017 in NE Arkansas with about 80 hours on it listed for 13k, I called and it could be bought for 11k. In my search I found an LS XJ2025 version of the Boomer, 2020 with 18 hours, I bought it for 12k. I liked the Boomer, but it didn’t have a SSQA bucket system.

/ Tell me about a Boomer 24 #5  
I own 2017 Boomer 24 -no loader- 60" belly mount mower and turf tires. It is a well built smooth running tractor.
Some things I don't like about it are: the horrendous amount of heat the hydrostatic transmission fan blows on the operator. On a hot day of 85-90F , it can be a very hot uncomfortable experience after mowing for 2 hours or more. I cannot put a water bottle in the holder, because the water is so hot you can hardly drink it. Also the steering requires many turns on the steering wheel to go around a tree and it does not turn sharp. Also if running on the side of a moderate grade, I have to constantly turn the steering wheel to steer uphill to go in a straight line--the tractor wants to follow the grade downhill. I have had the dealer look at it, but they can find nothing wrong with it. I bought the tractor new with several hours on it. I have 2 other tractors that I love, a 2010 NH T1520 and a 2011 Kubota BX2360. I see the latest NH Workmaster 25 has a transmission cooler on the front of the radiator so maybe that's better. Buyer beware of the Boomer 24.