TC35D Hydraulic fluid or Oil blowing out hose under engine.

/ TC35D Hydraulic fluid or Oil blowing out hose under engine. #11  
I would suggest confirming the shaft seal is leaking before changing anything.

Do you have any method of measuring components accurately? I would suggest dismantling the existing pump if it is the source of the leak and measure the bearing bores, look carefully at any internal seals. That pump could have some sliding plates on either side of the gears. In these plates are seals, if those seals go bad they can allow excessive pressure into the shaft seal cavity. These are typically special shaped seals so you have to purchase a repair kit made for your pump.

/ TC35D Hydraulic fluid or Oil blowing out hose under engine.
Thanks for the information, OLDNSLO, but you've gone way above my head on this one. Also, I don't think the pump is mounted on the side of the engine. Does this matter at all?

/ TC35D Hydraulic fluid or Oil blowing out hose under engine. #13  
I am going with fuel. A 1/2 to 1 gallon in the oil sump doesn't readily show on the fuel gauge. Injector pump is in the block, leaking o-ring or seal will pump diesel into the oil sump. Hydraulic pump is belt driven. Water would make the oil milky and radiator level would drop.

Use the search function at the top right. Search for injector pump leaking. There are several threads about the same issue.

1657115794253.png

Last edited:
   / TC35D Hydraulic fluid or Oil blowing out hose under engine. #14  
Catch a small sample in a container. Safely put a flame to it. If it readily lights off you will confirm it as fuel. Oil doesn't light off quickly.

/ TC35D Hydraulic fluid or Oil blowing out hose under engine. #15  
If pump Is not mounted on the engine then shaft seal could not leak into the crank case.

I attempted to light discharge with a flame and it would not burn so I'm assuming that it's not fuel mixing with the oil. I'm pretty sure it's not water and so does it have to be hydraulic fluid? If the hydraulic pump is mounted on the frame and not the engine then what's my next course of action? You guys are great! Thanks for your help. SW

/ TC35D Hydraulic fluid or Oil blowing out hose under engine. #17  
Catch a small sample in a container. Safely put a flame to it. If it readily lights off you will confirm it as fuel. Oil doesn't light off quickly.
Diesel dosnt light like gas. You can hold a match to a cup of diesel and it wont light.
You really need to smell the fuel to tell if its diesel, hydraulic oil or engine oil. How ever sending it to a lab is the proper way.

Since you seam to be getting hyd oil into your crank case theres really only a few causes. The hyd pump seal would be much first guess.

So after reading a lot and talking to different people it's probably the hydraulic pump that is causing the problem. Should I change the seal or just go ahead and buy & install the pump?

/ TC35D Hydraulic fluid or Oil blowing out hose under engine. #19  
So after reading a lot and talking to different people it's probably the hydraulic pump that is causing the problem. Should I change the seal or just go ahead and buy & install the pump?
Check your PM inbox.