Taking the Chinese out of made in China atv snowblower.

/ Taking the Chinese out of made in China atv snowblower.
So got to use the M 2.0 tonight a little in a couple inches of snow. Stabilizer, and mounting plate rehab worked great, pipe on cutting edge ok, it still picks up a little dirt, gravel and lawn, however no where near what it used to in soft ground when the blowers wheels sunk. I'll better inspect everything I did tomorrow in the daylight but so far the time I put into mods seem worthwhile and I'll probably have it back up north by Christmas.

Attachments

• KIMG1351.JPG
    KIMG1351.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 102
One winter review of "2.0" can handle over a foot of snow but very slow going it's underpowered imo and pretty sure the auger gear, box, shafts, and clutch won't handle extra power, however all my modifications have held up well and as I hoped they would, used a half dozen times this winter. One foot of snow or less the I added a snow flap on back of shoot to cause It blew snow back on you. I can say it is hard on a 700cc Yamaha 4wheeler, and would be useless for what I need it to do if I wasn't running tire chains and a homemade weight box off the rear receiver. Any questions feel free to ask.

Attachments

• KIMG1726.JPG
    KIMG1726.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 79
  • KIMG1727.JPG
    KIMG1727.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 77
Final update on 2.0 atv blower, the actual mounting modifications have held up well, my 700 Kodiak has held up well and imo using tire chains, weight box off the receiver, and having low gear is adequate despite not having a front locker, that 420cc lonsin Chinese 4 stroke motor although always starts and is reliable is way to underpowered in any amount of snow over 6" even when leaving the blower several inches above the ground and making multiple passes, but if you have the time I guess it might work. It can throw snow a significant distance just takes lots of time. So far the gear box, has held up well for that underpowered engine. The electric chute rotation control failed I fixed it by pulling the wiring and using liberal amounts of electric contact cleaner and dabs of dielectric grease on every blade during reassembly, the red warning strobe broke off, in a hurry during use I backwoods hacked it together, the plastic cover over the engine is a joke and I removed it a long time ago. A major mechanical failure will result in me making it into a atv snow pusher blade which I see a use for. Bottom line you get what you pay for and this was less than half the price of self-contained atv blowers on the he market and a better set up would have been a good atv plow, even my old newly reacquired griz 350 with a old flared/ tapered plow and no tire chains is better in my experience using both.

Attachments

• KIMG2355.JPG
    KIMG2355.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 21
Last edited:
   / Taking the Chinese out of made in China atv snowblower. #14  
Thers always the rammy 155 single stage for your atv.

Thers always the rammy 155 single stage for your atv.
Not interested at that price. Besides I've spent enough money and time experimenting with this thing trying to make it more durable and useful.

However if I got my hands on a v twin I might be stubborn enough to try and make something like that work in 2.0. lol