Switch Question - can't get the knob off a new headlight/horn switch...

/ Switch Question - can't get the knob off a new headlight/horn switch... #1  

ballencd

Tractor
Kubota L35, Cub Cadet 1000, Cushman 3 wheel Turf Truckster
I am trying to get a Cushman 3 wheeled Turf Truckster running and bought a switch to hook up the horn and headlights which the unit has but the horn button was gone and the headlight switch frozen. Sooooo....I bought one of these and I can't get the knob off to install in the dash. It is a tractor switch which powers both the horn and lights and seemed a simple swap to get all working but I cannot get the knob off the switch to install it on the dash.....looks like it has a spring loaded pin in a hole on the side of the knob and try as I might I cannot get it to come off. Anyone seen one of these? Know how to remove the knob? They are listed as OEM for many different tractors. Thanks in advance!

Charlie

Attachments

• Horn-Switch.jpg
    Horn-Switch.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 98
   / Switch Question - can't get the knob off a new headlight/horn switch... #2  
Are you sure the little decal on the front doesn’t pop off and has a screw underneath?

/ Switch Question - can't get the knob off a new headlight/horn switch... #3  
Lock-nut under cap on threaded shaft with 1-2 flats? Parting lines suggest the 'fingers' and cap come off together, that the latter might be keyed, to stay upright.

/ Switch Question - can't get the knob off a new headlight/horn switch...
Finally go t it. It was a spring loaded pin in a hole on the side but was just very stubborn and didn't want to come out. I pushed the spring loaded pin and pulled very hard on the knob. High beams working and tomorrow the low beams and the horn. Thanks for the advice.