STIHL Kombi contemplation?

/ STIHL Kombi contemplation? #12  
Good Info - Thank you Arly

I'm going with the Stihl Durocut 40-4 .155 trimmer head (info for the board)

Last edited:
   / STIHL Kombi contemplation? #15  
I use both my Stihls including my big Stihl FS560 clearing saw for trail & woods clearing along farm fence lines.

1659359987373.jpeg

1659360133405.jpeg

The big 500 series brush saws will cut 4” material with one swipe.

1659360218897.jpeg

The Kombi is great for lighter brush cutting and the pruning saw is terrific for the high stuff and the stuff laying on the ground, too. It reaches in and cuts branches tangled with stickers, unlike a typical chain saw.

I will typically interchange between the saw blade and the chain saw several times a day. Really like the Kombi and have owned several over the years.

1659360466200.jpeg

/ STIHL Kombi contemplation? #16  
I like my Kombi 131 Pro but like others have said, it is a heavy sucker for pole pruning for any length of time. An absolute beast for weed and brush cutting.

/ STIHL Kombi contemplation? #17  
In looking at the image, it appears to be a 2 string head?
Arly, Stihl's description of the Durocut 40-4 indicates "up to 4 lines can be used". I also read reviews that the smaller line heads in the Durocut series require the pricey Stihl pre cut line and other types/brands of bulk roll line slip out of these heads under load- I see you cut your lengths from from a bulk roll. What brand of line is your bulk roll?

/ STIHL Kombi contemplation?
I like my Kombi 131 Pro but like others have said, it is a heavy sucker for pole pruning for any length of time. An absolute beast for weed and brush cutting.
Yes, those Kombi power heads with its 2/4 stroke engines are heaver than the Echo's we used for years. I thought that would be real downer but when we put them into practice, I ended up liking have the heaver power head better than the light ones while using the saw ends. It acts as a counter balance weight to the saw end..