Step-dad has Pancreatic cancer

/ Step-dad has Pancreatic cancer #31  
Sorry to hear the bad news, Dennis.

/ Step-dad has Pancreatic cancer #32  
Bob, I can understand "Go ahead an operate on his lung...otherwise he will die anyway" and in some cases, maybe that's the right thing. On the other hand . . . my paternal grandmother had one lung removed and they thought they got the cancer. But a year later, it returned in the other lung and she said the first surgery was hard enough that if she'd had any idea the cancer might return, she would not have had that first surgery. My dad had Alzheimers the last 5 years of his life, but before that he let everyone know that he'd rather die of the illness once than have parts removed a little at a time.

And I'm afraid I feel the same for myself.

I think no one can say whether your father-in-law would have lived longer with the surgery than he did without, but I can sure understand that you'll always wonder about it.

Thanks for that Bird....You have made me feel better...it really has bothered me for all these years....:)

/ Step-dad has Pancreatic cancer
Louie passed away Wednesday morning at 2:00am.

My little sister and I was able to spend Thursday through his passing with him and mother.
Thanks to you guy's that offered thoughts and prayers. You guys have been most helpful for allowing me to express myself here on this forum.

I have known Louie since 1983, he married my mom in 1984. He was a great man and one of the few I never had a cross word with ( He was very particular about his tools:thumbsup:)

/ Step-dad has Pancreatic cancer #34  
Sorry about your loss. It will be hard, but you are blessed with all the memories.

/ Step-dad has Pancreatic cancer #35  
Sorry to hear of your loss, Dennis, but glad you were able to spend the last few days with Louie and your mother.

/ Step-dad has Pancreatic cancer #36  
Louie passed away Wednesday morning at 2:00am.

My little sister and I was able to spend Thursday through his passing with him and mother.
Thanks to you guy's that offered thoughts and prayers. You guys have been most helpful for allowing me to express myself here on this forum.
I have known Louie since 1983, he married my mom in 1984. He was a great man and one of the few I never had a cross word with ( He was very particular about his tools:thumbsup:)

Brother Dennis very sorry for your loss .
Our thoughts and prayers are with You and Your Family.

Boone

Thanks guy's. Family pouring in to take over, which is good. Mom is in good spirits, spending good time with her brothers and sisters. I think his short suffering was a blessing, considering.

/ Step-dad has Pancreatic cancer #38  
Thanks guy's. Family pouring in to take over, which is good. Mom is in good spirits, spending good time with her brothers and sisters. I think his short suffering was a blessing, considering.

I'm kinda in shock right now, I just found this thread and read it from the beginning. To see how he went from just coming home for hospice to dying, in the short time it took me to read this thread has me a bit emotional.

I'm really sorry for you and your mom, death is the greatest mystery of life, so final, ending all these grand plans on this earth.

JB

JB ,thanks,

It was so fast the Hospice nurses, my mom and wife ( both nurses) where shocked. I think we ended up with 4 day's total of hospice care. My sister was torn the most (I think), since she has never witnessed a death.

Saturday he was eating and talking. My step brother and sister made it in time to to say goodbye Tuesday evening late. After my Step brother said a prayer for his dad, Louie responded with a loud "Amen". 4 hours later he was gone, in the arms of my mother. A painful, but beautiful. If that makes any sense.

/ Step-dad has Pancreatic cancer #40  
Sorry for your loss...