spacer Question

/ spacer Question #1  

Skeletor

Silver Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1725mb
I bought spacers a while back and just never put ‘em on. While I was changing my tires I thought hey good time to do the spacers. Now the center hole in the spacer is a little bit bigger than the center hole on the tractor rim so it doesn’t rest on it like the factory rim would. So it would Be totally dependent on the bolts as the center hole is bigger. Do you guys think this would be fine to use? Their 1.5” spacers I got off Amazon.
I’m not sure if I’m explaining this correctly or not. Hopefully it makes sense.

/ spacer Question #2  
They will be lug centric spacers instead of hub centric..
Just use a star pattern to tighten them down and don't ram the first lug on with an impact before you get the rest snugged up.
Snug up a few lugs/bolts then proceed to the rest.

Same theory as aftermarket wheels on pickup trucks.. they're almost all lug centric.

/ spacer Question #3  
Are we talking about front wheels or rear wheels?

/ spacer Question
They will be lug centric spacers instead of hub centric..
Just use a star pattern to tighten them down and don't ram the first lug on with an impact before you get the rest snugged up.
Snug up a few lugs/bolts then proceed to the rest.

Same theory as aftermarket wheels on pickup trucks.. they're almost all lug centric.
Ok I figured it was ok to do that but I left them off for now.

/ spacer Question #6  
I'm not sure it's a good idea. I guess it depends upon the size of the tractor, filled tires, etc?

/ spacer Question
Massey 1725, the rears are 26x12x12
I think I’m gonna pick up some 75lb concrete weights a guy has for sale locally. I was also thinking of using washer fluid or Rv antifreeze to make up for the lost weight from not using the beet juice.

/ spacer Question #8  
On my old LS MT125 TLB, I ran 2" lug centric spacers for 2 years no problem. You should be good to go. As previously said, just tighten in a star pattern to achieve even torque on the lugs.

/ spacer Question
I filled the tires with Rv antifreeze today. I got around 9 gallons per tire before it started dripping out of the valve stem at 12 o’clock. I went and picked up 2 75lb concrete weights today. I’m gonna get some bolts tomorrow for them. I held one up to the wheel to make sure everything lined up good.the only thing I didn’t like was how far out past the weights stick out last the wheel.

/ spacer Question #10  
I filled the tires with Rv antifreeze today. I got around 9 gallons per tire before it started dripping out of the valve stem at 12 o’clock. I went and picked up 2 75lb concrete weights today. I’m gonna get some bolts tomorrow for them. I held one up to the wheel to make sure everything lined up good.the only thing I didn’t like was how far out past the weights stick out last the wheel.
9 gallons of antifreeze per tire is about 80#, 75# weights makes 155# per side. The tractor only weighs 1,500#? So your adding 20%+ more base weight.

Then two inch spacers?

Curious what the reasoning is for this? Might need a bigger tractor:p