So I am in the market for a compact excavator, maybe

/ So I am in the market for a compact excavator, maybe
I KX-040-4 with a few buckets. the most common order according to them

/ So I am in the market for a compact excavator, maybe #32  
Wondering if you got your mini ex yet? I’m basically in exactly the same scenario.. 200 acre farm and want to just buy the mini ex.
I’m thinking of going bigger that you. About the same budget, but used is fine. My cousin is a heavy equipment mechanic so I’m ok with used.
I have a 50HP tractor. And have run my cousins bobcat E35 which is just too small for what I’d want. Looking at a used Tak TB260 or bigger.?.?
I have a tb 235, the equal to the e35. Has been a great machine, I would recommend tak all day (based on one machine). Would love bigger but couldn't haul it. I would certainly say get the biggest you can manage and afford.

Best,

ed

/ So I am in the market for a compact excavator, maybe #33  
I KX-040-4 with a few buckets. the most common order according to them
Congrats!! they are more fun than 10 cats.

Best,

ed

/ So I am in the market for a compact excavator, maybe #34  
Just rented a KX040. Canadian Shield (Ontario), so rocks, boulders, oak and white pine stumps all over the place.
[...]
I will likely buy one too.
So, 5 1/2 months after placing the order, my new KX040 arrived yesterday. Only had 2 hours to play with it so far, but got the blade and bucket dirty, and created some brush piles.

Got with the standard 24" digging bucket and 36" cleanup bucket, and upgraded to the 6-in-1 blade. With snow on the ground masking terrain details, haven't meaningfully been able to play with the tilt on the blade, but the angle function is definitely a worthy upgrade to the straight blade on the unit I rented last summer.

Of course, less than 18 hours after taking possession, here I am watching YouTube videos of KX040s with claw-rake (landscape rake), brush cutter, and tree shear attachments....but patience, so they say, is a virtue.

Attachments

• NewKX040.jpg
    NewKX040.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 95
   / So I am in the market for a compact excavator, maybe #35  
So, 5 1/2 months after placing the order, my new KX040 arrived yesterday. Only had 2 hours to play with it so far, but got the blade and bucket dirty, and created some brush piles.

Got with the standard 24" digging bucket and 36" cleanup bucket, and upgraded to the 6-in-1 blade. With snow on the ground masking terrain details, haven't meaningfully been able to play with the tilt on the blade, but the angle function is definitely a worthy upgrade to the straight blade on the unit I rented last summer.

Of course, less than 18 hours after taking possession, here I am watching YouTube videos of KX040s with claw-rake (landscape rake), brush cutter, and tree shear attachments....but patience, so they say, is a virtue.

I have a rake for my KX040, I’m in the process of cleaning up a lot of mulching debris.

if you decide to get one, I would recommend Showtime Fabrication.

Also have a disc mulcher from RUT manufacturing, have not had the chance to use it yet.

/ So I am in the market for a compact excavator, maybe #36  

Very nice, enjoy, be careful.

Best,

ed

/ So I am in the market for a compact excavator, maybe #37  
Probably one of the best tools I’ve ever bought is the mini ex. A ctl complements them well. I use mine for my plumbing biz but its asset to have on the farm.

/ So I am in the market for a compact excavator, maybe
Finally!.. mine showed up 10 months after ordering... now I just need the ground to dry out. I will post some pics tomorrow, but its nothing out of the ordinary.

/ So I am in the market for a compact excavator, maybe #39  
We have a Kubota mx 121-3, bought it used with 1200 hours and now has close to 1900 hours. It is by far the handiest thing to have. We have a 2’ digging bucket, 3’ clean up bucket and a root rake/ stumper from USA Attachments.

The root rake works well with rocks, logs and brush. I cut down three tall balsams trees that were dead. They were 40’ tall, cut them down, limb them up. Excavator gathered up brush, loaded dump trailer and hauled away logs. All this done in less that four hours. We could never live where we do with out this machine.

Enjoy it and post pics!
1E9C6081-25CC-4BDB-A57B-7A434B709154.jpeg