slow leak

/ slow leak #1  

bmw63

stumped on this one,maybe some can help. rear tire on my 2305, slow leak- about 3 days to become obvious tire is low, I've taken tire off tractor, squirting soapy water on tread while rolling slowly- reading glasses on,and flashlight on tire, no bubbles ! have also laid on sides checking bead with water,also valve stem and core. what am I doing wrong ?
bmw

/ slow leak #2  
If you can submerge tire completely.

/ slow leak #4  
Those slow leaks can be a bear to fix. In your case, rear tire even more to deal with - heavy.
Your procedure is fine. My guess is the bead seal. I suggest you take the wheel/tire off, one last time (we hope). 1. Break the bead seal (you can use a tire jack jacking against the weight of the other tractor, to break the seal).
2. Inspect the inside rim of the wheel. You want smooth and clean.
3. Apply product linked below.
4. Unless counter-instructed by directions on the can, once you have inflated the tire, I'd run inflation up to 25% - 40% more than maximum pressure for the tire ( a tractor tire, with 21 psi rating, would only be 27 psi. That's to seat the tire bead on the rim. Adjust tire pressure to recommended and await the results.

/ slow leak #5  
This is kinda like mathematics. There's no magic. A leak that produces a flat in 3-4 days should be easy to find. Keep looking. Good tip about "bead sealer". I use Windex. Keep looking.

Post the end results. :)

/ slow leak #6  
I read you checked the valve core but I am convinced they are getting cheaper and cheaper. I had some only a few months old crumble away.

/ slow leak #7  
I had some only a few months old crumble away.
It was probably Chinese rubber. They haven't figured out how to make durable rubber yet. Buy your rubber products from Thailand, Korea or Vietnam. The US doesn't make much anymore.

/ slow leak #8  
It was probably Chinese rubber. They haven't figured out how to make durable rubber yet. Buy your rubber products from Thailand, Korea or Vietnam. The US doesn't make much anymore.
They know how. It's simply cheaper to use less petroleum.

/ slow leak #9  
Actually its the steel. Ive used the brass cores "rated" for calcium chloride and they dont last either. Certainly slow leaking tires are maddening.

/ slow leak #10  
40 psi will show leak better than operating pressure. Keep looking,you'll find it. Some soaps make larger bubbles so experiment with yours. Try bubble bath soap if you can sneak some without being caught. :unsure: