Should I buy this 1949 Allis Chalmaers C?

/ Should I buy this 1949 Allis Chalmaers C? #11  
Around $950. would be plenty for it. ---unless you know about all the problems the c's are notorious for,--- I would pass! And yes I have 5 of them and 4 b's, some wd's, wd-45's etc! lol!

/ Should I buy this 1949 Allis Chalmaers C? #12  
I always liked the way a narrow front end handled. I did pop one up in the creek flats a time or two as a kid. Had to learn what the word clench meant. It is cute little ride, though you would buy it as much for the hobby experience than the practicality.

/ Should I buy this 1949 Allis Chalmaers C? #13  
I always thought most people that had vintage tractors like this either had it passed down or found one like grandpa used to have. Thinking it was just for the nostalgia.

Here I am, a guy who didn't grow up on a farm and nobody in my family unless you go way back has either. I just got my first tractor (Kubota M7040) that suits my needs, and yet I'm drawn to this little Allis Chalmers.

The current owner uses it with a 6' finish mower but I have a zero turn. I could however, use it with a 4"-5' flail mower to keep the weeds at bay on the trails of my property. A small flail would be perfect with one drive in and one drive out. So for a total of around $3,500-$3,800 I'd be set with tractor and mower to do about a mile of 7-8ft wide trails maybe 7-10 times a year. And get to enjoy a neat little vintage tractor.

The little Allis Chalmers looks to be in nice condition other than maybe needing a replacement battery box which are available and replacing the LED light assemblies with something more period appropriate. I believe he did do the 12v conversion which is nice. I'm pretty sure I can get it for less than 2k.

Any thoughts?

We have a H Farmall and it is a joy to work on and drive around the pasture. We dont use it for real work anymore, but make no mistake it is a heavy capable machine. My gut says get it.
BBDE81A9-5B92-4267-BA4B-B623EED800E2.jpeg

Also check out this youtube channel..they know how to repair these machines!