Shibaura SD1840 manual & hydraulics question

/ Shibaura SD1840 manual & hydraulics question
Thanks Wolfy...are all your comments referring to just pic #1? Are you rt /lft references are connected to what you see in the pic or in reference to if you were sitting in the seat?

RJ

/ Shibaura SD1840 manual & hydraulics question #22  
I meant all 3 pictures. When I said left and right, it would be like you were in the seat.

Hey Rich
What is the serial/part number on your hydraulic pump filter and where can I get one? (NAPA, Carquest, etc) My old pump didnt have a filter in the tube.

Thank you
RJ

/ Shibaura SD1840 manual & hydraulics question #25  
I just changed the filter on my Ford. It took a Napa 1736.

/ Shibaura SD1840 manual & hydraulics question #26  
Nevermind, I already mentioned that.

/ Shibaura SD1840 manual & hydraulics question #27  
RJ,
I don't know what the hydraulic filter is. I looks difficult to get to, if I'm even looking at the right thing, and I don't want to open it up. The Ford operator's manual doesn't specify the filters.

Rich

Thanks for the reply Rich. Its the cylindrical tube at the top of the pump that takes an spring loaded insert filter. The one Wolfy uses for his did not fit so Carquest ordered me the closest they have to mine. Its CFI 84120 and the cost is $38.52 NAPA has the same parts book as Carquest

R.J.

/ Shibaura SD1840 manual & hydraulics question #29  
what is the correct oil lubricants to be used of shibaura sd 1840 such as pumps and gears thank you

/ Shibaura SD1840 manual & hydraulics question #30  
Hello to all ... Michael here.

I, too, have a Shibaura SD 1840, purchased 7-8 years ago. Front loader is a Koyker. Rear attachment is a box blade w/o the scarifier shanks. If someone identifies the manufacturer's specs for lubricants, by all means share. I am considering a complete purging of my system and would like to replace with appropriate lubricants. I've read a few articles on hydraulic fluid, and both recommended flushing the hydraulic system with kerosene [diesel fluid if you don't have kerosene] to ensure you get out the old fluids. Since these tractors are somewhat on the aged side, there could ell be some old oil buildup, and a mechanic I've used for repairs advised me that the new lubricants don't mix well with the old. I'm having some hydraulic related issues with the scoop. Won't remain in position. The lift works fine. Most likely a fluid/filter problem, so I'm going to address it before using the loader again.

I've had access to a few qualified mechanics who, though expensive [to me], appear to have a wealth of knowledge about tractors. According to one, there are no English versions of the manuals with the possible exception of an operator's manual, but I haven't located one. The mechanic suggested there is likely a comparable New Holland out there that Shibaura manufactured. Sorry, but I forget the model number. Will post if I come across some notes or talk to my mechanic again.

It was strongly suggested that I treat the equipment gently. The tractor was not designed for a front end loader of any magnitude, so projects should be broken into small components and taken slowly. As suggested by several, parts are scarce and if installation is required, quite expensive. A couple of years ago I had to replace something in the steering [shaft off to the left of the gear mechanism], and the part [used] was $250. Complete servicing, along with part replacement cost me around $1500. A mechanic I use locally indicated that the only parts available are from "expired" tractors around the country. Some replacement parts, such as the bearings in the steering, can be replaced from a mid-50's Dodge [forgot the model].

Regardless, appreciate all the posts everyone here has made. Acquiring information about these tractors is not exactly easy.

Regards ...