Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,831  
Not positive, because I don't know all the facts, but looks like driver error. Looks like the boom was in the air while hauling. I have yet to understand why people won't stretch the boom out and down. Don't know why but the doghouse looks to be totally destroyed. Possibly landed on it before falling on it's side.

Isn’t hitting a bridge always driver error?

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,832  
iu

Woman killed after big rig crashes into I-25 bridge

kdvr.com.ico
FOX31 Denver|15 hours ago
A FOX31 viewer sent a video that showed an excavator on its side in the northbound lanes of I-25 and major damage to an overpass just before it.

iu

Interstate 25 reopens in Mead following deadly crash

www.9news.com.ico
9NEWS|3 hours ago
Interstate 25 was closed in both directions due to a crash that killed a woman in Mead Monday evening. The crash happened just after 6 p.m. at Exit 245, the Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) said.

Boom unsecured?
Sad to see an accident like that or any accident for that matter. I would be curious to see the facts of the accident. It is not a big enough machine to require permits so that is not likely the problem. What does surprise me is that as a long time driver, it is possible to look at a load and know with a degree of certainty that it is too tall/wide and even heavy in some cases. To hit a interstate bridge means it should have been obvious to the driver it was over-height. I wouldn't try to assess fault without relevant facts but it does look bad for the driver. Unlikely the boom was not secured. More likely it was raised to high or being hauled on a too tall truck. In either instance that would be on the driver. Sad situation indeed.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,833  
My cousin in WY posted that yesterday on fb. It seems that it would be money ahead to install electric eye over height detectors a mile or so before overpasses so it would set off some train crossing lights or something to give a hint that something's amiss.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,834  
My cousin in WY posted that yesterday on fb. It seems that it would be money ahead to install electric eye over height detectors a mile or so before overpasses so it would set off some train crossing lights or something to give a hint that something's amiss.
They have those exact systems in places with known low clearance locations that keep getting hit. I would assume it reduces the number of bad incidents, but I know it does not eliminate them....

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,835  
In a nearby city they suspended a 4" I beam on chains in front of the low overpass. It gives plenty of warning, you'll know it when you hit that...

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,836  
In a nearby city they suspended a 4" I beam on chains in front of the low overpass. It gives plenty of warning, you'll know it when you hit that...
A backhoe boom clipped the safety beam and killed a Metro detective Who was following the truck. Anything over 14’ tall requires a special permit.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,840  
IMG_20220808_153316369~3.jpg

Fortunately he had 3 medium (at best) strength bungie cords holding it to the trailer