Second try at fixing a 2020 Ram water leak

/ Second try at fixing a 2020 Ram water leak #1  

nikdfish

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 3038E & 1025R FILB
Taking the 2020 Ram 1500 back to the dealer Monday morning for a second attempt at fixing a water leak in the back of the cab. No headliner stains, but the rear carpet gets damp after a rain, more so on the driver side. The first time they said it was coming from the bottom driver side corner of the back glass. During a subsequent visit (next day) the glass shop supposedly removed, resealed, and reinstalled it.

First heavy rain less than a week later sees the carpet soggy to the touch. This time they are giving me a loaner & supposed to do a "full" removal, reseal, reinstall of the back glass assembly.

We'll see how it goes...

/ Second try at fixing a 2020 Ram water leak #3  
When my 2011 leaked it was the rear high mounted brake light. Actually had water inside the light also and shattered the bulb.

/ Second try at fixing a 2020 Ram water leak #4  
I've heard a lot of them leak through the rear cab light (cargo light) above the rear window.
The foam seal around the light compresses and then leaves a gap between the seal and the cab curve.

/ Second try at fixing a 2020 Ram water leak
That's where our 2008 f-150 was leaking. Fixed it with a new light assembly using an updated gasket.

/ Second try at fixing a 2020 Ram water leak #6  
I have a 2010 1500 Quad Cab that has the fold flat deck under the rear seat with storage compartments under the seat bottom. Right now there is water standing in the bottom of the compartments. And in the mornings it is frozen. This has been going on for the last couple of years and I haven't figured where the water is coming from. I've thought about pulling the seat assembly out but it looks to be a big pain. Be interesting to see what they find on yours. I do have a factory power sliding rear window.

I've seen reports of Ram leaks from brake light, shark fin antenna and various areas of the rear glass, including frame cracks.

/ Second try at fixing a 2020 Ram water leak #8  
Knock on wood. No water leaks on the Taco Wagon - 2018 Ram 2500 Power Wagon. However - dust does suck into the bed of the truck. Did the same thing on my 2005 Ford F-150.

Back in '93 I had a Dakota they never could fix. I reported the leak before the truck had 2k miles on it. After 3 or 4 failed fixes & an odor issue it got lemon lawed. Got virtually the whole purchase price applied to a replacement truck.

/ Second try at fixing a 2020 Ram water leak #10  
Back in '93 I had a Dakota they never could fix. I reported the leak before the truck had 2k miles on it. After 3 or 4 failed fixes & an odor issue it got lemon lawed. Got virtually the whole purchase price applied to a replacement truck.
If it was like my 96, The leak was coming from under the metal strap at the top corner of the cab. They use a sealant that over time cracks and the water runs down inside the headliner/seatbelt area, and sometimes will appear in the area of the rear window.