Seafoam testing

/ Seafoam testing #12  
never use Lucas or STP, All that is, is thick high weight oil. I do use seafoam on the intake prior to every oil change (and our ours the smoke deal too). The one thing he didn't do was he needed to spray the seafoam on the backside (between the engine and the MAF sensor). Seafoam will destroy a MAF sensor right now.

Wife's Ford has almost 190K on it and it runs like a top and is always quiet and still uses no oil and gets good fuel mileage. Of course I change the air filter and oil and filter every 5K miles anyway. Oil is cheap. So are filtrrs.
Mine has 250 k on a 5.4 Ford. Quiet, runs good. I've added a quart of oil here and there over the years. Blew the air filter out a few times. I probably should at least change the oil filter.

/ Seafoam testing #13  
My 97, 7.3 is also on a 5K Rotella 5-40 diet with Archoil friction modifier. Last time I had a valve cover off (to replace an injection harness) the underside was clean and nice. Nano-Borate is a proven cleaner in industrial settings.

/ Seafoam testing #14  
Seafoam freed up an enrichment jet on a snowmobile carb. Before using seafoam I pulled and cleaned it multiple times to varying degrees plus one complete rebuild. Ever since Ive used seafoam in all my small two and fourstroke engines never had any fuel related problems since. I usually try to use non ethanol fuel. I buy seafoam by the gallon it's quite a bit less per ounce.

/ Seafoam testing #15  
I buy seafoam by the gallon it's quite a bit less per ounce.
How much less per oz?

I’m seeing Advance Auto parts has 16oz can for $9 = .5625 per oz.
VS
128 oz for $64 = .5 per oz

Sometimes I see the 16 oz cans for $8 on sale. If you can catch it at a $1 off per 16oz on the 128oz cans that might be a really good deal at $8 off the $64 reg price.

Who are you buying from?

/ Seafoam testing #16  
How much less per oz?

I’m seeing Advance Auto parts has 16oz can for $9 = .5625 per oz.
VS
128 oz for $64 = .5 per oz

Sometimes I see the 16 oz cans for $8 on sale. If you can catch it at a $1 off per 16oz on the 128oz cans that might be a really good deal at $8 off the $64 reg price.

Who are you buying from?
Best I've paid recently was a little over 50 bucks for a gallon. Advance auto rarely allows you to use promos on pints for seafoam and a host of other things however they do allow the 15-25% promos on gallons of seafoam. So that's less than 50 cents an ounce.

Last edited:
   / Seafoam testing #17  
Best I've paid recently was a little over 50 bucks for a gallon. Advance auto rarely allows you to use promos on pints for seafoam and a host of other things however they do allow the 15-25% promos on gallons of seafoam. So that's less than 50 cents an ounce.
I’ll watch for that promo. Thanks!

/ Seafoam testing #18  
Only thing I use it for is top end engine cleaner. Gets the carbon out of my GDI engine. Problem is, it takes 7 minutes to drain a can so I use one of those HF adjustable clamps to keep the nozzle open. Saves my finger.