Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures!

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #371  
I got back on and all is well. Thanks again.
hugs, Brandi

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures!
I hope I haven't asked this before. Does anybody have a chainsaw debarker?
1679225911620.png

I have gotten into the habit of washing the trees, but on something like hemlock with craggy bark that's only partially effective. The right thing to do is keeping them out of the dirt in the first place... like dragging them on a foot of snow.

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #373  
I hope I haven't asked this before. Does anybody have a chainsaw debarker? View attachment 789221

I have gotten into the habit of washing the trees, but on something like hemlock with craggy bark that's only partially effective. The right thing to do is keeping them out of the dirt in the first place... like dragging them on a foot of snow.
i am guessing there is a rotating toothed head under that cover?

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #374  
I hope I haven't asked this before. Does anybody have a chainsaw debarker? View attachment 789221

I've seen them sold under several different brands, I have used one, but I don't own one.

It's a mini planer is how it works.

SR

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #375  
I reread all the posts and noticed no one mentioned a small manual mill. I have purchased a Hudson Sawyer mill. Max size as purchased is 21 inch diameter and 9 ft length. Works pretty good I have to say. I have 12 logs 8 to 12 ft long and 12 to 20 inch diameter. But to test and learn my neighbor who cut a couple pine trees down volunteered them.

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures!
I looked at those. Hudson is a good company, I bought my logging winch through them. I also was looking at their chainsaw debarkers (see above) but couldn't find a way to order online and ended up getting a Chinese model instead.

The selling point of what I bought is that it mounts directly to the saw, and is powered by a clutch pulley in place of the chain pully

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #380  
We recently had a home built. So, probable some built-in shelving. Coat racks and boot changing bench at doorway entrance. That sort of thing. I will need a way to dry the lumber also.