Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures!

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #362  
Eastern red cedar. 👍
Oops, yeah, like he said! 😆

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #363  
I finally remembered to bring my tablet up to the woodlot today!

here is the beginnings of my slabwood-to-firewood rack, made from slabwood, and a piece of scrap wood in the “V” (the decrepit vehicles in the background are on the adjoining lot):
B9D1C8E7-7594-4FB6-97CF-0F16523BF06A.jpeg
2F217F95-8ADD-4925-9B32-5258EDD9BA9D.jpeg

5F5BFD8A-DEB8-4B5C-A581-DBDA74F74B79.jpeg

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #364  
Nice saw buck!
hugs, Brandi

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #365  
Too much to post lol i run the dry end at hammond lumber co .5 kiln units Yates a20 planer with hydrolock heads and dbl profiles auto stacker auto tilt breakdown hoist.
Log cabin corner notiching machinery. Baker resaws.
Woodmizer lt 15 40 feet of track mp100 track planer with blower.
And thats just the finished lumber end .we got a pretty nice sawmill setup also.
Mostly white pine some hemlock.cabins, sidings every pattern known to man or i can make it.jeffers profile grinders ,i make all our own knives and sharpen on it.
Been at it since 1984 only 24 years at hammonds here in Belgrade Maine.
If any one has a particular question on any piece of sawmill /planer /kiln id be glad to help if i can.
We have spare big planers ,feedtables etc in storage also in case of a rainy day.lol

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures!
Too much to post lol i run the dry end at hammond lumber co .5 kiln units Yates a20 planer with hydrolock heads and dbl profiles auto stacker auto tilt breakdown hoist.
Log cabin corner notiching machinery. Baker resaws.
Woodmizer lt 15 40 feet of track mp100 track planer with blower.
And thats just the finished lumber end .we got a pretty nice sawmill setup also.
Mostly white pine some hemlock.cabins, sidings every pattern known to man or i can make it.jeffers profile grinders ,i make all our own knives and sharpen on it.
Been at it since 1984 only 24 years at hammonds here in Belgrade Maine.
If any one has a particular question on any piece of sawmill /planer /kiln id be glad to help if i can.
We have spare big planers ,feedtables etc in storage also in case of a rainy day.lol
I haven't heard from you in a while!!! I visited the Hancock Lumber mill in Bethel years ago when a friend was a wood buyer there. Both sides of the band were sharpened so they could cut on both front and back stroke.

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #367  
I haven't heard from you in a while!!! I visited the Hancock Lumber mill in Bethel years ago when a friend was a wood buyer there. Both sides of the band were sharpened so they could cut on both front and back stroke.
Hi i kinda lost touch for a while but never forgot of tbn.Our mill has two circular headrigs most of the wood gets cut in big slabs or cants and goes through 5 baker band resaws all hooked up in tandom.for example a 6 by 12 cant goes in one end comes out other 6 _1 by 12s back to back wood all shift long.pretty impressive old school technology but we do real well with the mills and we keep everything like new working order.

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #368  
Help. I have been on Forestry Forum for years and can not login. I have tried to reset my password, but no email with password reset instructions shows up. Please ask Jeff to get me back on. bindian@hughes.net
hugs, Brandi