Satoh Beaver reverse Pto anyway to change without reverser?

/ Satoh Beaver reverse Pto anyway to change without reverser? #1  

Gwaite05

Tractor
Satoh Beaver
So I just recently bought 2 Satoh beavers one running one and a whole parts tractor. It had a 3 point hitch on it so i would like to be able to use the pto. As soon as I got home I noticed it spun counter clockwise. I know if I could find one a reverser would work but that is nearly impossible. I was thinking maybe there was something you could change inside the gears to make is spin the right way! Just a thought.

/ Satoh Beaver reverse Pto anyway to change without reverser? #2  
Are the machines Gray Market Satohs then?

There is a company in Rockford, IL who makes all kinds of PTO reversers in various configurations. It's their main business. I had posted on the forums here a few times over the years.
New Standard PTO Gearbox – RJ Link International, Inc.

There is a YT vid of a guy making a PTO reverser for a Mitsubishi D Series machine too. Very precisionly done.
PTO reverser gearbox

Len Sheaffer business offers them too.

/ Satoh Beaver reverse Pto anyway to change without reverser? #4  
I've gotten a lot of Mitsubishi help from Valley Power
Oh they do have help and direct parts, yet can be pricey when they become more of a pass-thru distributor. Got to watch the bottom line on the total costs. A reverser from the OE is a huge cost savings vs. a 1, 2 or even 3 middlemen companies.

/ Satoh Beaver reverse Pto anyway to change without reverser? #5  
What will the PTO drive? Maybe tiller or cutter blades can be reversed so the PTO works as-is.

Bruce

/ Satoh Beaver reverse Pto anyway to change without reverser? #6  
What will the PTO drive? Maybe tiller or cutter blades can be reversed so the PTO works as-is.

Bruce
May even be a PHD, where the auger can't rotate the other way. Basically you are screwed. (what a pun.) :geek:

/ Satoh Beaver reverse Pto anyway to change without reverser? #7  
May even be a PHD, where the auger can't rotate the other way. Basically you are screwed. (what a pun.) :geek:
Would that fill holes?

:D

Bruce

/ Satoh Beaver reverse Pto anyway to change without reverser? #8  
I have a reverser on my Beaver. I know when I bought the tractor I talked to Valley and was told they would give me 1,100 for the reverser. That is what I paid for the tractor. They said then they could not get one anymore.

It was a good tuff little tractor. The engine now needs to be rebuilt and the sector shaft for the steering is broken. One day I hope to bring it back to life but who knows.

/ Satoh Beaver reverse Pto anyway to change without reverser? #9  
I have a reverser on my Beaver. I know when I bought the tractor I talked to Valley and was told they would give me 1,100 for the reverser. That is what I paid for the tractor. They said then they could not get one anymore.

It was a good tuff little tractor. The engine now needs to be rebuilt and the sector shaft for the steering is broken. One day I hope to bring it back to life but who knows.
IF your Beaver still has the reverser, it would be super to share some pixs here.

It could be made once again by RJ LII as mentioned in the link above.

/ Satoh Beaver reverse Pto anyway to change without reverser? #10  
Derek! good friend bought a gray market Kubota and redesigned the implements he needed for the reverse direction. All I remember was the finish mower, that required reversing. I know he had other driven items, also. Things like rear blades and plows, disc, etc don't matter.
David from jax