SAME Silver 100.6 wont move, (SDF SAME DEUTZ FAHR), please help

/ SAME Silver 100.6 wont move, (SDF SAME DEUTZ FAHR), please help #1  

PASAME

Tractor
SAME Silver 100.6, SAME Dorado 86, SAME Mercury 85 loader
Hello all, this is my first post on TBN, and would like to introduce myself. We are having problems getting a SAME Silver 100.6 tractor with HYDRIVE to move. With out sounding arrogant, I'm a pretty decent mechanic with a good concept of electrical knowledge, but would greatly appreciate any assistance with the tractor. First off, I'll start by saying the tractor was at three dealers previously that all gave up on tractor. I bought tractor not moving, and have done the following. With no "limp home" feature, I disconnected the factory harness to the forward and reverse solenoids as well as the proportioning valve. Made a quick wiring harness using a old steering column turn signal switch as my forward/reverse shuttle, and hooked a variable voltage (drive) board to the proportional valve. Ran the ground my wiring through clutch safety switch for engagement, and I was able to make machine move forward and backwards, and shift as smooth as butter. This let me get tractor off trailer and into our shop. This also verified that all the hard parts on tractor are OK, but unfortunately my set-up eliminates all safety's and the entire shuttle ECU. We have the factory service manual, however it does not help much on this particular tractor. Only a small supplement in rear of manual covers a HYDRIVE tractor, so the wiring schematic in the manual does not cover a tractor with shuttle ECU. After getting tractor into shop, I hooked everything back up as from factory. Previous dealer cannibalized the factory shuttle (forward reverse) control switch lever, so I ordered a new one and installed, and no luck.
The HYDRIVE instrument panel is giving a code 35 Pos Pedal NV (broken clutch pedal sensor). I hooked up our ART (SDF all round tester), and calibrated clutch pedal position sensor. I could see the sensor was working on our ART, but was told by Deutz dealer that sometimes sensor will read OK on ART, but a new sensor fixes problem. So I put a new clutch pedal position sensor in, calibrated it, and still no luck. On the monitor page of our ART, I can see inputs from the forward, reverse, neutral on shuttle. As well as clutch limit switch, clutch pos switch, and also the clutch button on gear shifter.
Should I be able to see a reference signal coming from speed sensor on top of transmission on my ART when tractor is running (not moving), or would the speed sensor only show a reference signal once tractor is moving? The Hydrive supplement shows two transmission speed sensors sending inputs to ECU (one on front and one at rear of transmission), however this tractor only has the one sensor on top of transmission towards the front (no rear sensor). I have the sensor out, and it pretty much looks like a crank sensor, is there a way to test sensor now its out?
Any advice and help would be very appreciated.
Thank you, Tom

Last edited:
   / SAME Silver 100.6 wont move, (SDF SAME DEUTZ FAHR), please help #2  
One dum q...if you ground your oilpressureswitch will it move ?

/ SAME Silver 100.6 wont move, (SDF SAME DEUTZ FAHR), please help
One dum q...if you ground your oilpressureswitch will it move ?
Not a dumb question, I like the way you think as I'm pretty sure its something simple I'm missing. I've been working on this tractor off and on for a couple months as its one we bought for our farm. I'm 99% sure I checked the trans oil pressure switch is working, but when I get back down to shop I'll double check. If I remember, when I grounded it, it lit up a warning light on dash.
I wish I could locate a wiring schematic for the shuttle ECU (transmission with HYDRIVE) for this Silver 100.6. If I had that, I could verify the inputs to ECU. The service manual doesn't cover it, and I had Deutz dealer attempt to get a schematic, and they had no luck. The service manual for my Dorado 86, shows every wire (inputs, outputs) for ECU. Unfortunately the two machines use different ECU's and data bus's.
Thanks, and keep the thoughts coming. I'm willing to bet the ECU is not seeing some little input. Its crazy frustrating not being able to get a schematic.....

/ SAME Silver 100.6 wont move, (SDF SAME DEUTZ FAHR), please help #4  
20171018_220810.jpg

/ SAME Silver 100.6 wont move, (SDF SAME DEUTZ FAHR), please help #7  
tell me if this is what u are looking for ?

/ SAME Silver 100.6 wont move, (SDF SAME DEUTZ FAHR), please help
tell me if this is what u are looking for ?

That looks like what I need. I have a 9+9 with power shuttle. That ECU schematic is not in the Silver 100.6 service manual. Its sorta hard to read ECU wire numbers on pictures, Is there anyway I could get a copy of the print or a SDF drawing number so I can have dealer pull it up. I can't thank you enough.
Thank you, thank you, thank you...........

Last edited:
   / SAME Silver 100.6 wont move, (SDF SAME DEUTZ FAHR), please help #9  
Do you have the Lamb Champion teck manual ?