SA 425 Hydraulic Top Link info

/ SA 425 Hydraulic Top Link info #1  

Dundertaker

Tractor
Yanmar SA 425
I did a search (I SWEAR!!). I'm looking to do a Hydraulic top link on my new Yanmar. If anyone has already done one, would you like to share where you ordered and what you ordered?
I'm going to run through the "How To" video I've found on YouTube, but if someone has already done the work, I'd appreciate the intel.

/ SA 425 Hydraulic Top Link info #2  
Look at this link, get the asked for dimension. Find a top link that is close to that dimension when the rod is extended half way.
This will provide an equal amount of tilt forward-rearward. If you want more one way or the other, make adjustments in what you are looking for.

Good luck. :)

/ SA 425 Hydraulic Top Link info #3  
I ordered mine from Amazon...search here for the ones shown here. There are others also. These hose lengths are right for your 425 if you add a 90 degree elbow on the end that goes to the rear remotes.
rear remote fitment.jpg
These come from the Netherlands and it only takes about 3 days for delivery. One thing to know...the fittings are the wrong size for the 425. I had to go to a local hydraulics business to get the correct ones. JUst take one from the rear remote box and a hose with you and get 2 males that fit the new hoses. Its cheaper than changing the females on the rear remotes. You'll have to get a thread adapter to go from a brittish to us thread (the large hex piece below the elbow) and an elbow. Once that's done it works perfectly. Tighten fittings very tight. Good luck

Hydraulic Top Link Cat. 1-1 with Locking Block 20 7/8” - 31 7/8” with 2 x Hose

top link.jpg

/ SA 425 Hydraulic Top Link info
Got mine from https://haytools.com/TNT.htm
He has premade and custom orders, great quality & fast shipping.
I'm going to give them a call Monday.

I measured straight line 24" from the middle of the toplink to the outside Female valve connector flat on the ground. Do you know what length hoses you went with? It looks like a HNV-38-12sae male is the correct fitting.

/ SA 425 Hydraulic Top Link info #6  
I took the measurement of my screw top link that came with my tractor. My Sc2450 Tractor 3 point hitch is Catagory 1
Measure it all the way in and the way out.
You can add a few inches to to if you think you might need it for different attchments, but I have a landscape rake, flail mower, back blade amd a weight box and everything works well with the lenght of my scew top link, It was never maxed out on either end, so the "BX Kubota" model fit those measurements.
I ordered: CAT I - 14-18" w/check valve- 2" cylinder- "BX Kubota"

/ SA 425 Hydraulic Top Link info #7  
I bought this one and I like it but wish it were a couple inches longer. So far it works for my tiller, my disk, my plow and my land plane. I have not had my box blade on it but that is the tool I think I'm going to need a couple more inches. Also, the hoses on the one I bought are much too short and the fittings are too large.

The hoses are too short, I had to have new ones made up and that cost me $175 so I've got a bunch in it but I wouldn't be without one. The second pic is it installed on my SA425. SA425 has very long three point arms for the size of the tractor.
1682211209848.png

1682211322909.png

Last edited:
I bought this one and I like it but wish it were a couple inches longer. So far it works for my tiller, my disk, my plow and my land plane. I have not had my box blade on it but that is the tool I think I'm going to need a couple more inches. Also, the hoses on the one I bought are much too short and the fittings are too large.

The hoses are too short, I had to have new ones made up and that cost me $175 so I've got a bunch in it but I wouldn't be without one. The second pic is it installed on my SA425. SA425 has very long three point arms for the size of the tractor.
View attachment 797079

View attachment 797081
My LINK level and on the ground is 26"...so I'd assume a Cat. 1-1 with Locking Block 20 7/8” - 31 7/8” is the correct size.

Can you confirm the length and fitting type you had made?

/ SA 425 Hydraulic Top Link info #9  
Yes, that size toplink should work. This looks like the type but I will have to confirm the size tomorrow. My tractor is at my son's house right now.

1682382077547.png

Yes, that size toplink should work. This looks like the type but I will have to confirm the size tomorrow. My tractor is at my son's house right now.

View attachment 797459

Appreciate the assist. I have a message for them as of this AM. If you have access to your order or receipt (I'm sure they know their craft, but a belt and suspenders never hurt anyone), maybe it's on there? I"m looking forward to getting this upgrade done.
Ran my Landscape rake this weekend for the first time, and it doesn't need a ton of adjustment...kind of a set it and forget it as far as the top link for what I was doing...but it will save a ton of "get offs" when running the box blade.

BONUS FUN FACT: If you wear painter pants and the loop hooks on your PTO switch it will snap right off! (Ask me how I know). Found a replacement on AMAZON; once I confirm it works, I'll post a link. About $18, and it came in 2 days vs. $???? from the dealer and who knows how long to get it.