RTV900 hydraulic/transmission probs

/ RTV900 hydraulic/transmission probs #11  
I believe that the early RTV 900 units had the hydraulic pump driven off the transmission. My RTV1100 has a metal tank under the seat with an engine mounted hydraulic pump used for power steering and bed lift and think the newer 900 units are the same. Have heard alot of the plastic tanks on the hydraulics for the 900 with the extra outlets getting hot and melting with extended use.

If the plastic tank on the 900 is loosing fluid and the transmission is getting full you need to look at the SHAFT SEAL on the pump or some where on the pump it is leaking into the sump. This is similar case in tractors where the engine oil gets super full also

David Kb7uns

Didn't know the design changed...Good analysis and makes sense.:drink:

/ RTV900 hydraulic/transmission probs #12  
Good Morning, I know this is an old post. Wondering if you ever got the problem fixed? I have a 2010 that I just bought that is doing the exact same thing. Thanks for your help.

/ RTV900 hydraulic/transmission probs #13  
My 2004 rtv900 is doing the same thing and was wondering if you found the problem.

/ RTV900 hydraulic/transmission probs #14  
Good Morning, I know this is an old post. Wondering if you ever got the problem fixed? I have a 2010 that I just bought that is doing the exact same thing. Thanks for your help.
Did you get an answer and did you find the problem with yours?