Rotary cutter rear u-joint shield??

/ Rotary cutter rear u-joint shield?? #11  
   / Rotary cutter rear u-joint shield?? #12  
I would never use higher than Grade 5 shear bolts. They're purpose is to shear to protect other components.

/ Rotary cutter rear u-joint shield??
Contact Titan and ask who their PTO parts supplier is. You may be able to buy direct.

Your local tractor dealer probably can help.
Tried that the after the first 2 times I blew it up. Useless couldn't even get the customer support person to understand what I was asking for even tho I gave her the part number from their website and helped her locate the webpage with the part number. Yeah wow....

Titan won't sell direct, but most any tractor supply will have one. Also, going through sheer bolts like that, I think I would consider a slip clutch.
Good point - this is the only implement I have with a shear bolt. I'm in the process of clearing some heavy brush in a field that was let go before we bought the property. Its great cover for the deer and glad I have a cab went thru a few hornet nests pheeewww they were pissed.

Kept hearing a banging sound on the glass was the soldier hornets attacking me. They were big AF too like 2" long. I started looking at the floor boards seeing if there was access thru where the gas/clutch pedals are. There's a few spots they could get in.

Once I get the brush cleared I prolly won't be breaking any more shear bolts. Im learning how thick a stem I can cut without breaking the bolt.

I would never use higher than Grade 5 shear bolts. They're purpose is to shear to protect other components.

I'm using grade 2 shear bolts. Maybe I should get some stronger bolts for this brush clearing job.

/ Rotary cutter rear u-joint shield?? #16  
The owners manual that I found online states that you need the number 2 shear bolt.

you might try Mowing with the mower a little higher in the thick stuff and then come back through a second time at the proper height that you want. This may allow the cutter to chop the material easier and save a sheer bolt or two.

Also drop your travel speed way down.

/ Rotary cutter rear u-joint shield?? #17  
Tried that the after the first 2 times I blew it up. Useless couldn't even get the customer support person to understand what I was asking for even tho I gave her the part number from their website and helped her locate the webpage with the part number. Yeah wow....
I hear you!

I'd take the assembly to the tractor dealer to see if they can find a match from their PTO suppliers. If you have some sort of mystery chinesium product you may have trouble.

I find telephone customer support to be iffy these days and I'm lucky to find a knowledgeable support person on the other end. I'm lucky to have a few go-to guys at my local dealerships that are willing to take the time to help.

These guys stock various PTO parts

Last edited: