Rock shaft lift cylinder

/ Rock shaft lift cylinder
Seven Gables, thanks for the input. I’ll look close, at the cylinder, but don’t see any pitting or rust on it. But, you are right, unless that rod is smooth the seal won’t last. I am not sure why there is so much difference in the price of a seal kit for a 50mm and a 63mm, but don’t want to waste money.
Thanks for helping

/ Rock shaft lift cylinder #12  
Tx Jim,
Many thanks for your input. It just keeps getting me more confused.
The difference between the 5095M and the 5095MH is the MH is high rise (more ground clearance).
It is starting to sound like I am going to have to remove the cylinder and try to some how match up the seals. I was hoping to avoid the downtime. It is a little bit of a mystery why Deere does not show a seal kit for the 56mm.
At any rate, the rod in my cylinder measures 50mm. At the moment, I I am not sure what that tells me.

Will keep poking around until I find som info. Thank for helping
What you have there is just a ram and I’m thinking all your going to get in the seal kit is one oil seal and one dust seal . I’m quite certain there’s no piston or piston seals just your rod that pulls out through the two seals in the end of your cylinder, easy peasy. Have you owned the tractor long? Hope my eyes were wrong on the pitted rod , that would get pricy 🤞

/ Rock shaft lift cylinder
Seven Gables,
Thanks for the info, I have had the tractor about 5 years, it has 3150 hrs. I looked at the picture and that is reflection on the oily dust on the rod. I used calipers to measure the rod and it measures 50mm. The online Deere parts list shows that size on the 5095MH (North America), but on the 5095M (worldwide), it only shows a 56mm and a 63mm. It doesn’t not list a seal for the 56mm, only for the 63mm.
Since my rod measures 50mm, I am going to see what the inside diameter and outside diameter is for the 50mm seal kit and go with that. Thanks again for the info.