Rock shaft lift cylinder

/ Rock shaft lift cylinder #1  

Adtn

Tractor
John Deere 5095M
New here, looking for info on rear hitch lift cylinders on a 2011 JD 5095M. I have one leaking at the top. Does anyone have any tips on replacing the seals. Does the cylinder rod just pull out of the barrel? No cylinder cap visible, just looks like a dust seal.
The John Deere seal kit for the 50mm size rod is $100. (Wow) must be a lot of seals inside.
Thanks for any info.

/ Rock shaft lift cylinder
Thanks for a quick response. I think from the John Deere parts list, the 5095m could have 3 cylinders. A 50mm, a 56mm and a 63mm.
The dealer told me they list a seal kit for the 50mm and the 63mm, but none for the 56mm. The seal kit for the 50mm is $100 and the seal for the 63mm is $29. I am not sure of the difference.
I measured my cylinder rod and it is the 50mm.
Good suggestion on the pic’s, here is the right hand lift cylinder.
Thanks

Attachments

• 2951A4AC-5BAC-4BBD-9ADF-482E10EB3140.jpeg
    2951A4AC-5BAC-4BBD-9ADF-482E10EB3140.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 93
   / Rock shaft lift cylinder #4  
On most cylinders the rod is smaller in diameter than the piston to prevent the rod from coming out of the cylinder barrel. If 50mm rod I would suspect larger cylinder piston bore.

Oldnslo, thanks for your input. I am familiar with what you are saying. I have seen this in cylinders that I have rebuilt on FEL’s and Bushhog’s. Those had end caps that could be removed.
No end caps on these cylinders. Just wondering if someone has rebuilt these before and had info before I spend a $100 buck for a seal kit.
Thanks again for your help.

/ Rock shaft lift cylinder #6  
Adtn
What's parts schematic are you using to locate that has 50mm rear rockshaft cylinder? I'm only locating 56mm & 63mm diameter cylinders?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-10-21 051650.png
    Screenshot 2022-10-21 051650.png
    270.3 KB · Views: 71
It is listed on the schematic for the 5095MH.
This is what I was told at the dealer.
The 50mm cylinder was used on the 5095M and 5095MH for North America distribution with 56mm as an option.
The same tractor for worldwide distribution used 56mm as standard and optional was 63mm.
To make it more confusing, I found a Deere literature that listed a 70mm and an 80mm for worldwide distribution,but that was tied to a transmission option.
Dealer just said measure the cylinder rod to determine which size cylinder I had.
All confusing, so that why I posted to see if anyone had any experience with these lift cylinders.
Thanks for helping

/ Rock shaft lift cylinder #8  
My 21 yrs experience of being previously employed by a JD dealer working many hours in parts dept. that after performing some parts number research notify me that the 50mm(AHC11906) was designed to fit the 5095MH only & the 56mm & 63mm(AHC10872) were designed to fit the 5095M. I have not idea what the M(H) represents.
Screenshot 2022-10-21 104405.png
Screenshot 2022-10-21 104613.png

Last edited:
   / Rock shaft lift cylinder #9  
Unless it’s just a reflection on your cylinder rod the base of it looks like it’s pitted and rusted to the point where I wouldn’t put a seal kit in without replacing the rod

Tx Jim,
Many thanks for your input. It just keeps getting me more confused.
The difference between the 5095M and the 5095MH is the MH is high rise (more ground clearance).
It is starting to sound like I am going to have to remove the cylinder and try to some how match up the seals. I was hoping to avoid the downtime. It is a little bit of a mystery why Deere does not show a seal kit for the 56mm.
At any rate, the rod in my cylinder measures 50mm. At the moment, I I am not sure what that tells me.

Will keep poking around until I find som info. Thank for helping