Dealer RK74 Shop Manual

/ RK74 Shop Manual #1  

Mike Legg

Tractor
Kubota L2550, M5140HD, Dresser 175C
Looking at the RK74 tractor at Rural King; however, salesman not sure about a shop service manual being available. Down thru the years, I have made it a practice to not buy any pc of equipment without obtaining a service manual for future repairs. If Rural King does not supply this manual, then shame on them! They need to get up to speed with the other manufacturers.

/ RK74 Shop Manual #2  
Remember RK is a reseller not manufacturer. They should have a customized service manual from TYM ( the manufacturer) if not,it is likely the TYM manual for the same model will do for most, if not all, service tasks.

/ RK74 Shop Manual #3  
Looking at the RK74 tractor at Rural King; however, salesman not sure about a shop service manual being available. Down thru the years, I have made it a practice to not buy any pc of equipment without obtaining a service manual for future repairs. If Rural King does not supply this manual, then shame on them! They need to get up to speed with the other manufacturers.

I got the shop manual for the RK55 from my salesperson (a PDF). I also got the Yanmar engine manual by requesting it from AskTheTractorGuy on RKtractors.com. The parts and all owner's manuals are already there.
I agree with you: I believe it important to have the full owners, service, and parts manuals for each piece of equipment I own. When I bought my NH in 2001, I asked the salesperson for them and "threw them in" at n/c; he regretting it when he found out they were almost $300 dealer cost back then...
Much easier nowadays with PDFs.