RK55 DPF Regeneration And Engine Service Indicator

/ RK55 DPF Regeneration And Engine Service Indicator #1  

CharlesTN97

Tractor
RK55S
I have a RK55 tractor that recently got this on the screen.

It's telling me to do a manual DPF regeneration along with the Engine Warning indicator. I've tried to do a manual regeneration and it won't regenerate at all. Is there anything else I can do or do I need to get a Rural King tech to come out and take a look?

Attachments

• IMG-4696.jpg
    IMG-4696.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 287
   / RK55 DPF Regeneration And Engine Service Indicator #2  
Have you followed all the steps required for the manual regen?

Here is a page from the operators manual:

1615155851035.png

/ RK55 DPF Regeneration And Engine Service Indicator
Yeah tried it multiple times and nothing happened, the button would light up as you pressed it, but once you let go nothing happened and it no longer illuminated after letting go

/ RK55 DPF Regeneration And Engine Service Indicator #4  
I had that on my RK37 a few weeks back and contacted the local service crew. They told me to park the tractor, start it and set the engine rpm at least to 2400 rpm and let it run without pushing the regen button. That will kick off a manual regen without any indicators illuminating. It took about 30 minutes or so but everything went back to normal. The exhaust was extremely hot and smelly during this time while the soot was being burned off.

/ RK55 DPF Regeneration And Engine Service Indicator #5  
We are having the same problem on our RK55 as CharlesTN97. I dont think the manual is correct but i could be wrong.
CharlesTN97 did you ever figure out what the problem was or how to correct it?

/ RK55 DPF Regeneration And Engine Service Indicator #6  
I would be interested in this also

/ RK55 DPF Regeneration And Engine Service Indicator #7  
We'll the mobile tech is coming out on Monday to do a forced regen. Hopefully this will take care of the problem. Which I believe it will.

/ RK55 DPF Regeneration And Engine Service Indicator #8  
did you get your regen issue resolved?

/ RK55 DPF Regeneration And Engine Service Indicator #9  
While mowing last week mine did its first regen on its own at about 41hrs. I didnt even notice anything unusual until I smelled something was very hot. Saw the regen symbol on the display on the dash. Continued mowing, and about half hour later it was done.

/ RK55 DPF Regeneration And Engine Service Indicator #10  
Guess Ill find out about it. I brought an RK55 home a week ago.